Takeoff crash...care to see if you can tell what went wrong in this takeoff crash?

Reaction score
No calibration or other errors before takeoff. Normal takeoff using the Fly button. Solo immediately veered to the right upon takeoff and I tried to save it from flying into some trees but wasn't able to stop it (in time at least).

I see a significant blip in the "mag consistency xyz". Might that have been a hardware issue?

Just the crash flight logs:
crash.zip

The crash plus the two previous flights:
1.zip

Hopefully your solo will survive this encounter. Do you have any of the tlogs for this flight? judging by the location provided in the current logs, it appears to be mountainous terrain which had affected your satellite count and your HDOP fluctuated slightly. Though i'm not convinced that this solely was the cause of the crash. I'm also noticing that IMU 3 is disagreeing with the other two, this isn't quite at the culprit state yet, but could have contributed.

Someone better versed in these logs will hopefully come by, but I'd definitely calibrate the compass and level at bare minimum, if your IMU mismatch continues to the point that it fails, you may need to get a new pixhawk. I just recently needed to replace mine due to imu mismatch.

A prime example of the reason we stress taking off and landing in Fly:manual mode.

Is there a good reason 3DR does not recommend this? I certainly will from now on!

Is the warranty voided if taking off and landing manually?

if your IMU mismatch continues to the point that it fails, you may need to get a new pixhawk. I just recently needed to replace mine due to imu mismatch.

I would think this would be covered in the warranty, no?

Warranty is not voided if taking off or landing manually. And yes, if the bird is still under warranty, a bad IMU is covered.

Reactions: Acroduster

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela