Swaying gimbal [SOLVED]

Reaction score
Anyone seen this gimbal behavior?
After a crash the other day gimbal has started to do a seasick sideways motion when Solo starts or stops.
In the video Solo moves only forwards and backwards, no side or yaw stick.
Reported to support but any ideas are welcome!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It looks like it is trying to "correct" some perceived issue. You might try level and stick calibration.

Gimbal reacts the same when not using controller. That is simply pushing Solo back and forth on the floor on a skateboard, motors off not armed.

Yes. I've sent support an email. Here is an indoor test on a tray on a skateboard.
Easy to see the sideways motion related to the tray.

Yes. I've sent support an email. Here is an indoor test on a tray on a skateboard.
Easy to see the sideways motion related to the tray.
Support email is different than calling. If you do that, I wouldn't expect contact until at least Monday. I have had better luck calling... Especially to get the process rolling...

When powered on does the camera face straight ahead or is it slightly off to one side?
It faces slightly to the right.
However, since last post I think I found the reason for the swaying.
The gimbal H profiled aluminum stem appears bent.
2d399f21a49d9f96b006b776eeeda8e7.jpg

It's not the damping balls that has come off. Although you can't tell from looking at the material itself, it looks from a distance like the bend is in the H profiled aluminum, straight after the main stem that comes down from the yaw motor.
dd0f3ce6af47a804ea70d026cd5c11a7.jpg

This most likely happened during the crash. The now off-center gimbal would perfectly explain the swaying behavior.
8baca9b98415e0feacc4e2cee266c821.jpg

It faces slightly to the right.
However, since last post I think I found the reason for the swaying.
The gimbal H profiled aluminum stem appears bent.
2d399f21a49d9f96b006b776eeeda8e7.jpg

It's not the damping balls that has come off. Although you can't tell from looking at the material itself, it looks from a distance like the bend is in the H profiled aluminum, straight after the main stem that comes down from the yaw motor.
dd0f3ce6af47a804ea70d026cd5c11a7.jpg

This most likely happened during the crash. The now off-center gimbal would perfectly explain the swaying behavior.
8baca9b98415e0feacc4e2cee266c821.jpg
Yes. Did you call?

Yes. Did you call?
Not yet. Hard to explain/show this on the phone without images/video. Plus, I already have a case going regarding the crash.
And, I'm not in a hurry right now :)
No matter how this goes it's not going to be resolved the next week anyway. And that's my window for flying before a three week work trip.
It's cool

Reactions: Earldgrayjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44