Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

Suggestions for job hunting?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ron380, Nov 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ron380

Trying to start a career as a sUAS Pilot, looking for suggestions on how to find companies to apply with?

I have my Part 107 Cert., and I have done some part-time work with a local company, but that was Ag. scans flying an Ebee with a Sequoia and now the growing season is over.

I'd like to apply with companies that do year-round work, maybe utility/tower inspections? I'm having a lot of trouble finding companies to apply to, they're not exactly on Monster, ya know?

Any suggestions or ideas from folks who are working full-time as UAV pilots? I am not interested in trying to start/run my own company at this time.

2. Maddog

Hi Ron! I've found several on the Internet by googling sUAS pilot, drone pilot, etc.

I've also gotten several unsolicited emails from companies recruiting pilots. I think they got my email address from the FAA.

I don't remember the names of any of them as I wasn't interested.

Ron380 likes this.
  3. Ron380

Thanks. Did you receive emails after you passed your 107 exam, or not until after you received your Cert. in the mail?
    I passed the 107 on Oct. 12th, still haven't received my Cert. in the mail yet... They said it can take 3-4 weeks, so hopefully soon.

4. pyrate

still searching for a Florida based drone company that needs a good operations/service/parts guy

5. Maddog

I've been getting them since I got my 333 last year. Not many though, only 4 or 5.