Suggestions, constructive feedback desired.

Amazing that 3dr even has a modicum of customer service. Honestly it speaks volumes about the company since they exited the consumer market.

Glad to see you are back flying.

I have to agree with you. The guy from 3DR has been on the case and had emailed me every step of the way. It took awhile but apparently I have a "new" unit on the way.

sadly I was overly thrilled with their cust. service early on, but this time it has taken them days to respond to emails, and the last one they wanted me to take a video of what it was doing...(no video feed from the GP in the app screen) i tried to explain that if the GP was installed in the solo, and my phone was connected running the app what was i supposed to do to record said video? it was just the song and dance that i grew tired of. the fact that they are still even supporting it does say a lot... but all in all it wasn't their fault, just can't get GP to take ownership of their product and the combination of both was/is daunting

sadly I was overly thrilled with their cust. service early on, but this time it has taken them days to respond to emails, and the last one they wanted me to take a video of what it was doing...(no video feed from the GP in the app screen) i tried to explain that if the GP was installed in the solo, and my phone was connected running the app what was i supposed to do to record said video? it was just the song and dance that i grew tired of. the fact that they are still even supporting it does say a lot... but all in all it wasn't their fault, just can't get GP to take ownership of their product and the combination of both was/is daunting

I was really thinking about a karma as I want to add the grip to my GoPro collection. Then its just $500 more to the drone. But somehow reading your interaction, realizing they are totally missing the 360 market makes me think Kodak... GoPro needs to be kissing consumer rear.. to many other options out there.

I was really thinking about a karma as I want to add the grip to my GoPro collection. Then its just $500 more to the drone. But somehow reading your interaction, realizing they are totally missing the 360 market makes me think Kodak... GoPro needs to be kissing consumer rear.. to many other options out there.
mhmm, it took GP over a week to respond, 3DR.. I can still go forward with, But GP... I won't say anything good about until something changes.

mhmm, it took GP over a week to respond, 3DR.. I can still go forward with, But GP... I won't say anything good about until something changes.

I never had anything but good experience with Go Pro but I've never had any problems either. Heck, I still have a1st gen Go Pro that still works. I guess we all have our no go companies. Mine's Chrysler, never, never, ever again will I buy ANYTHING made by Chrysler.

Reactions: DOA7791
I know you are looking to have GoPro replace the camera, but in the mean time I would still look into the firmware. The GoPro should work, minus the auto on feature with FW5. However, going to FW3 could possibly solve the issue as well. I have known people having trouble with FW5, going to FW3, and back to FW5 fixed their issue with no HDMI out.

The plug not fitting correctly makes me think that it could be physically damaged, I have a 4 black that would never connect via usb. When I changed the lens I found out the usb frame was fine, the pins were never soldered correctly from GoPro and it was loose. GoPro never gave me a replacement I hope it's different for you. Good luck and I'm glad you are up and running, have fun on the 17th.

Reactions: DOA7791

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela