Sudden move to the right

TRK

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Had my first loss of control today flying outside a building.

In this, I'm just climbing - no input on the right stick at all. At some point, my solo starts moving to the right for no apparent reason. I didn't get any GPS loss or loss of controller signal error, and video was streaming the whole time (that's how I noticed it was moving).

I can tell I wasn't accidentally hammering the right stick because it's moving faster than the slow max speed I had set in the app before hand.

I hit the pause button and it did brake (you see that on the right side). I then hit fly to return to fly mode, and brought it down for a manual landing.

Happy this happened in open air so it didn't smash into anything, but a little worried it might happen again - also just in general I tend to get random controller signal loss near this building, triggering a RTH, but within seconds I regain the signal and can go back into fly mode.

Should I be re-aligning the stock antennas on my controller? It seems to be worst when it's directly above me, particularly over 200 feet.

While directly above, the Solo's antenna is pointing it's end at you which is the least effective means of transmission. I know it's not intuitive, but it may actually serve you well to be further away so that the angle can be closer to parallel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40