Stuck in preflight update

Yup...same here. Update was hanging but I could fly with the older SW version.

Customer Service (CS) advised hard reset and uninstall the android software.

Now I'm stuck with an Solo that cannot fly due to the preflight update required....

Support ticket started Sunday, emailed back-forth. No response since Sunday PM and Solo still unflyable stuck on preflight update required. Update hanging on two different Android Machines for 40 minutes plus...same Solo will disconnect....

Oh, don't see a status load in the top of the screen. Should there be? Perhaps it never starts??

Lurking on this list waiting for a solution!

Last edited:
I made commitments to fly today, so took the day off work.....spent half of it trying to get the Solo to update but ran into this issue. I have other copters, but no gimbal with GP. The rest are RunCam/Mobious for FPV and one has a 27x zoom Vertigo not designed for taking good video.

Info for doing it manually is here:
Solo cli
"solo" Command Line Tool | 3DR Solo Development Guide

How to install Python on Windows
http://docs.python-guide.org/en/late...g/install/win/

Mac's are easier I'm told, but I don't own one. I really don't care to devote that much time until Winter sets in and we hibernate :)

Thanks @rcglider you got me on the right path. For others stuck in this hell wanting to try this, here are a few additional tips:
- in addition to python, you also need to install the git client
-if you don't want to reboot after installing py and git, manually update the path to include these
- run the solo-cli in an elevated command prompt
- make sure you have a /tmp/ directory present

This is not easy, but I finally friggin got it to work and un-brick my bird.
PS - 3rd did leave an email saying they're sorry and didn't have an answer yet for this problem :)

My inclination is to return the Solo if no solution is available by the weekend. I really don't care to jump through multiple hoops like I'm trying to root a phone with a locked bootloader. It's just not worth the hassle.

So.. there so much more of us with the same F problem, i got my SOLO today and have the same issue, if anyone have any solution to this problem please shere, write, anything and if it works a round for all house on my cost :p

I had this issue back in August and let 3DR know how to fix it. They blamed it on LG's Wifi. You'll need to use a separate device to update. Also get ready for constant disconnects at random while flying causing the Solo to RTL on it's own. This was such a safety issue I ended up returning it.

That's interesting, using my LG G3 phone I had disconnect issues myself, however using my Nexus 10 tablet instead it appeared that I had no disconnect issues. Wonder why the App/Android running on two different devices would behave differently? Very interesting, thanks for the info.

You said "let 3DR know how to fix it" Can you elaborate?

Cheers

So.. there so much more of us with the same F problem, i got my SOLO today and have the same issue, if anyone have any solution to this problem please shere, write, anything and if it works a round for all house on my cost :p
See links above. It can be done manually, but is a pain. I spoke with someone who's been in contact with 3DR and supposedly there was a fix coming "I thought" last night, but maybe it's today.

The update unbricked my solo....Android 1.2.2 but going to advance flight modes, I turn and just see the toggle for Advanced Filght modes and EU Tx Power....what am I missing?

So my friend what are you drinking ?;) yesterday this v. was not in the google stor, cheking it right now :D

Hi!

I updated to android v1.2.2 yesterday evening. It did fix the update problem that came with 1.2.1 allowing to get through the process and have a fly ready Solo once again!

I should have been drinking though, hehehehe! The Advance Flight Features are on the Solo tab in the app (visualize me slaping my forehead....D'oah!!)

From the top HexCAM. I have 3 SOLO's. I had one only working on iOS (meaning WiFi login would not work on Android) and I needed it to also work on Android like my other two.

So, I had to do a factory reset and pair them. The update would NOT complete on android as stated by many on this page starting with HexCam and many others. I ended up starting from scratch using iOS and this time everything updated and I can use both Android and iOS.

OK...everybody knows someone using an iPhone or has an iPad 2, borrow it to do the update to get operational. The minor issues with 3DR continue...

I fly on iOS but use Tower too.

From the top HexCAM. I have 3 SOLO's. I had one only working on iOS (meaning WiFi login would not work on Android) and I needed it to also work on Android like my other two.

So, I had to do a factory reset and pair them. The update would NOT complete on android as stated by many on this page starting with HexCam and many others. I ended up starting from scratch using iOS and this time everything updated and I can use both Android and iOS.

OK...everybody knows someone using an iPhone or has an iPad 2, borrow it to do the update to get operational. The minor issues with 3DR continue...

I fly on iOS but use Tower too.
Interesting, have you tried the Android v1.2.2 Solo App? Mine installed great after v1.2.1 failures.

WiFi issues? Is that a common problem? (Sorry havn't seen that mentioned, but it certainly could have been!) Security key a problem or getting a connection via WPA/WPA2 PSK? (For example, maybe your android device is defaulting to WEP, or another protocol??)

Great to read it works on both Android and iOS now!

Interesting, have you tried the Android v1.2.2 Solo App? Mine installed great after v1.2.1 failures.

WiFi issues? Is that a common problem? (Sorry havn't seen that mentioned, but it certainly could have been!) Security key a problem or getting a connection via WPA/WPA2 PSK? (For example, maybe your android device is defaulting to WEP, or another protocol??)

Great to read it works on both Android and iOS now!

Thanks for input, yes that was updating (attempted) on v1.2.2. I'm not sure on the security key as you stated because it worked with my other two SOLO's. All is good now.

I had this issue back in August and let 3DR know how to fix it. They blamed it on LG's Wifi. You'll need to use a separate device to update. Also get ready for constant disconnects at random while flying causing the Solo to RTL on it's own. This was such a safety issue I ended up returning it.

We did have range issues and link disconnects in the past but that has been resolved with the 1.2.0 update. You shouldn't have those issues any more. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Hello all
Just a quick update. I got an email about an hour ago from Santiago at 3DR:
"Just wanted to give you an update letting you know of the new firmware version for the solo (1.3.0) that should update just fine through the android or ios app.
Give it a shot when you get a chance and let me know how things go."

Downloaded the update and it activated the transmitter and solo first time with no issues. Can't go outside to fly at the moment as it is night here, but put it into manual mode and the motors are starting up (props off), so it looks promising!

At last. I am looking forward to flying this as I have a lot of experience with DJI products, APM and a few of the simpler boards, but this is my first 3DR.

Thanks for all your suggestions but it looks like it was a simple updater issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000