Strange RTH Triggered

Reaction score
Have 40+ flights in this area. Altitude was 400 feet, about 250ft out and signal had 4 bars. Battery percentage upper 30's.

All of a sudden (iPhone 6 w/3DR app) RTH is triggered on iPhone screen while I still had 4 signal bars. Fly button, pause button and B (manual) button are all unresponsive. This stays true the entire RTH process and Solo lands OK.

The entire episode I had high teens satellite with m8n card. After Solo landed iPhone still says RTH like it's stuck in that mode but controller says hold Fly to start motors. Closing the app and restarting it several times I get RTH upon opening app. After powering down everything completely and back up Solo app says battery to low for flight. Controller shows 32% and says hold to start motors. I hold to start manually take off and all seems OK for the next 2 min test I did.

I would think it was just a bug in the app but the fact that I couldn't regain control of Solo at all during the RTH episode makes me think other wise.

Also controller looks to have about 30% batter remaining and I closed on apps on my phone while the RTH was happening to see if they would help. Usually do that before but i must have forgot. This was my second battery durning this session.

Any ideas? Could a bad battery cause this? It's possible that flight was with a new battery because I purchased one, charged it and stuck it with the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maybe your iMX6 be trippin'

Solo must have lost signal with your controller for some reason, perhaps the controller froze. I'm not sure if your phone could have locked it up. Your battery and m8n had absolutely nothing to do with it if solo found it's way back home. It's unlikely it was a solo issue or loose antenna cable, since it was your controller/phone that was not adequately reflecting the current state of affairs while solo was doing its thang.

I suppose you could review your logs to determine additional information. I would review the controllers log as well as solos.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc