Steve Gladden New Solo Pilot Ann Arbor MI USA

Reaction score
Hi Steve in Ann Arbor Michigan.
This is my first store bought ready to fly machine of this type.
I do have about 5 years experience building and flying multi-rotors and 3D Helicopters.
Bought this mainly due to the great sale price and to try out my first GPS assisted model.
Everything I have flown and built up to this point have been non GPS assist.

Flying GPS assist sure is freaky and will take me some time to get used to.
Will have to test RTH in a big open space to see how it really works.
Tried it quickly but the bird made a quick 20 ft. jump to the North.
So I just stopped that and flew it back manually.

I was careful to calibrate it properly and fly it in acro mode first to test everything before venturing into FLY mode.. Yeah I'm backwards to most probably :)

Noticed in Acro mode things are NOT perfect. seems slightly laggy (probably due to WiFi control versus *real* RC type protocol with less latency.
Also Yaw Rate is incredibly terribly slow with full stick deflections even with "performance" adjustment all the way up to fastest.

Every time I restart a new flight performance setting goes back to full slow setting Why?

:)

Also here's a link to my maiden flight video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi Steve- welcome!

Not sure why the setting keeps "re-setting" but Solo was built to take 1st class video. It's all about smooth and slow performance not speed.

If your looking for fast & nimble get a racer. Solo is a Cadillac, not a Corvette!:)

Reactions: Rex Barlow
Hi and thanks!!
Yeah I'm sure I'll figure out why that keeps resetting.
This was my first flight.

I'm sure I can find an answer as well as to where to increase the painfully slow nearly unusable yaw rate
in acro mode.

I'm not expecting "racer" performance but that yaw rate will need to come up for me for certain flying tasks

Hi Steve in Ann Arbor Michigan.
This is my first store bought ready to fly machine of this type.
I do have about 5 years experience building and flying multi-rotors and 3D Helicopters.
Bought this mainly due to the great sale price and to try out my first GPS assisted model.
Everything I have flown and built up to this point have been non GPS assist.

Flying GPS assist sure is freaky and will take me some time to get used to.
Will have to test RTH in a big open space to see how it really works.
Tried it quickly but the bird made a quick 20 ft. jump to the North.
So I just stopped that and flew it back manually.

I was careful to calibrate it properly and fly it in acro mode first to test everything before venturing into FLY mode.. Yeah I'm backwards to most probably :)

Noticed in Acro mode things are NOT perfect. seems slightly laggy (probably due to WiFi control versus *real* RC type protocol with less latency.
Also Yaw Rate is incredibly terribly slow with full stick deflections even with "performance" adjustment all the way up to fastest.

Every time I restart a new flight performance setting goes back to full slow setting Why?

Also here's a link to my maiden flight video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hey Steve, Welcome and congrats on your Solo purchase. Nice to have someone new that we don't have to preach to 'Learn Manual Mode First' to! DL Tower for Android or Mission Planner for the PC. With either of those you can manually adjust to parameters to your liking. For instance:

ACRO_YAW_P: Acro Yaw P gain:Converts pilot yaw input into a desired rate of rotation in ACRO, Stabilize and SPORT modes. Higher values mean faster rate of rotation. Values are 1-10.

That should give it a better feel for you. Let us know how it works out.

Fly Safe..
Jubal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela