State Farm Insurance Value

Reaction score
I inquired about the private article insurance policy through State Farm with an agent and was told they would insure to the value of the purchase price proven on a receipt. I am looking to find a policy that would insure for the replacement cost. I purchased the drone through the Best Buy Sale and obviously will never be able to get into a replacement drone for that price. They said alternatively, if i sent an appraised value letter from the manufacture or a retailer they could use. I think its unlikely Best Buy or 3DR would write a letter on appraisal value. I asked about pulling pricing from current retailers and they said the aforementioned are the only two ways. Disappointing that they won't do an agreed value policy. Has anyone had any luck with a workaround?

I use Global Aerospace for liability. A Solo is really a consumable and not worth trying to insure in my opinion. Even my $3000 Heli at a price of $800 a year to insure isn't worth it. I've been flying it for 4 years without an issue. A $20000 aircraft I think would be a different issue. Why insure the Solo?

State Farm Insurance Policy is $60 a year for up to $2,000 in coverage if you can substantiate value.

Any other ideas?

i had to call multiple state farm agents in my area. i finally found one that just asked me how much coverage i want. I said 800 for the drone and 200 for gimble and 400 for gopro. She called me back in an hour and said ok. its 60 a year and your covered for everything from theft, to landing in a river. as long as wherever i am flying was legal. The first agent i talked to said they dont even offer coverage for drones! so i would call around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela