Speedometer option?

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the drone world and the 3DR world. Now on my new solo is there a speedometer somewhere on the controller or on my iPhone?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have FMU's, IMU's, gyroscope, GPS, accelerometer, barometer, & altimeter.....with all of that high tech stuff...who needs a speedometer

I'd rather look at that number of MPH
How do I change what I see?

you can't, are you referring to the controller's display of info or the Solo App on your iPhone

Well seeing it on my iPhone would be fine! Like I said in the beginning any way I can see the speedo

MPH is displayed in the upper left corner of the Solo app screen. If you're only seeing one line of parameters, tap on any one of them and the 3nd line will drop down.

Is this what you're looking for?
image.png

And we've told you twice now that it is already there on the app....

Haha yea and I found it an hour ago. That's for coming in so late but your input was not needed! Thanks for wasting my time here

Haha yea and found it an hour ago. That's for coming in so late but your input was not needed! Thanks for wasting my time here
Are you serious? I and others answered your question within 30 minutes of you posting on this forum. And you're obviously lying, because 1hr before you made this post, you were still asking the question. Your failure to read the responses to your own post on here is your failure, not ours. Your failure to read the instructions or manual that would have answered it... also your failure. Your failure to not see it in front of your face on the app, definitely also yours.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the help!
Thanks guys

I also want to add I used the speedo and can say it's not much use. But served the purpose I needed it for
I wanted to see the top speed and slowest speed
Top speed for me seemed to be 34
Also I love this drone my first drone but 3rd solo in a week 75 hours flight time
Thanks again

You didn't say you wanted to log minimum and maximum speed. That's not a speedometer. A speedometer shows your current speed, and that's exactly what it does. But none the less, you minimum speed will always be zero. And you maximum speed in Fly and Manual without wind and without changing other parameters will be about 34mph.

Reactions: Dmaxx85
I also want to add I used the speedo and can say it's not much use. But served the purpose I needed it for
I wanted to see the top speed and slowest speed
Top speed for me seemed to be 34
Also I love this drone my first drone but 3rd solo in a week 75 hours flight time
Thanks again

You can adjust the maximum speed beyond what the Solo app will allow by modifying the parameters in the underlying ardupilot code with either Mission Planner or Tower. I do not recommend doing this unless you understand what the parameters do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea I just wanted to see a number so if someone asks I have a better idea.
And I'm definitely not ready to be adjusting parameters. I have been running it in fly mode and trying to keep the speed down.
Quick question should I have to calibrate the leveling sensors every 2 times I fly?
Thanks

Yea I just wanted to see a number so if someone asks I have a better idea.
And I'm definitely not ready to be adjusting parameters. I have been running it in fly mode and trying to keep the speed down.
Quick question should I have to calibrate the leveling sensors every 2 times I fly?
Thanks

Sensor calibration should not be required that often. If your takeoff location is not level, you will probably get that message.

Is a Solo requiring a calibration before it will fly or are you just getting a brief message that goes away?

If you want to fly faster, you need to switch to another mode such as "drift" or "Acro".

Most of the time it is just a brief message but 2-3 I had to calibrate the drone through 3drs steps
Not with drift and Acro with I have any gps help? Or braking?

Most of the time it is just a brief message but 2-3 I had to calibrate the drone through 3drs steps
Not with drift and Acro with I have any gps help? Or braking?

Occasionally, I get the brief message. I don't know why you're having to calibrate if you're on level ground.

Acro has no guidance whatsoever- pretty much for experience, skilled pilots.
Drift requires GPS lock and provides limited assistance.

Page 65 of the users manual will give you more details on all the flight modes.

Drift doesn't use GPS or altitude hold either. Drift is similar to stabilize except it combines roll and yaw into the right stick to make smooth "coordinated turns" like an airplane.

Thanks guys for explaining the modes.
But my real question is how do I get my hero 3 + silver to record to my phone or phone? I already have the GoPro giving off the live feed
I have done the update and still can't change the option to record in the 3DR app
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000