SOS - No Wifi Link

Reaction score
Hi! All my test flights since receiving my Solo have been perfect. Now, suddenly, I'm out on a professional gig and the controller will not recognize Solo. (Says, "Waiting for Solo") The Solo Wifi link on my phone says "Out of Range." I've tried rebooting everything several times. Before my gig become an epic fail, does anybody have a suggestion?

You using an Android device? Is this the same phone you've been using in all of your testing? Are you booting the bird first, controller second, app third? Maybe you need to remove or delete the WiFi network on your phone and re-add it and re-enter the password.

Also change your Solo's default wifi password.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, same Android device as always.Tried forgetting the old Wi-Fi connection. No new one shows up. So, controller is not seeing solo (says 'waiting for solo') and no Sololink Wi-Fi appears on my phone's list of available networks. Minutes to go before the live event I'm supposed to shoot ends. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Grab anyone around you and ask them to look for WiFi networks. That will tell you if its phone or Solo.

Good idea. Unfortunately, no sign of Sololink Wi-Fi on any adjacent phones, Android or IOS.

OK, my event is over and the bird never flew. I happen to be in San Diego, so look out 3DR. I'll be at your door in the morning eager for some kind of solution. Thanks, all, for your suggestions.

Hi! All my test flights since receiving my Solo have been perfect. Now, suddenly, I'm out on a professional gig and the controller will not recognize Solo. (Says, "Waiting for Solo") The Solo Wifi link on my phone says "Out of Range." I've tried rebooting everything several times. Before my gig become an epic fail, does anybody have a suggestion?
I just got my solo today from B&H and initially I could see the go pro video feed on my device but then I proceeded to perform the necessary first flight update and it did not work and I lost the wifi connection. Talked to 3dr rep and they told me that they will replace it, and the wait time will be 2 weeks.

So you do not see SoloLink on your tablet when you look for Wifi?

Since you have to return it I would attempt to reset and re-pair the two. Can't hurt to try.

So you do not see SoloLink on your tablet when you look for Wifi?

Since you have to return it I would attempt to reset and re-pair the two. Can't hurt to try.
I have already tried factory reset solo and controller, But the little hole underneath does not flash orange, just steady orange.

Well not trying to communicate. I would say your options are return it for a refund or wait the two weeks.

Sorry to hear you had bad luck right off the bat

Well not trying to communicate. I would say your options are return it for a refund or wait the two weeks.

Sorry to hear you had bad luck right off the bat
Exactly same thing that Marc Stone had on his post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986