Something for you IOS folks longing for tower

Looks interesting, thx Pyrate. Can't wait to see what comes out of iOS Beta.

Thanks pyrate. I like QGC on my Android much more than Tower - on the bench at least - it's a little late to fly. Downloaded, set a couple of parameters and settings similar to Tower (including Mapbox), connected the Solo and Controller with 2.4.1-3 Beta and QGC connected. The GUI is much nicer IMO and has that big heading compass that I can appreciate.

It does have that big goofy red jetliner where my Solo should be, but maybe there is a way to change that too.

There is also a PDF user manual online that you can put on your tablet for reference... if you are one of those who actually uses user manuals.

ETA: ...and the video feed works just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perry Lawrence
This is awesome! Quick question for those using this, Tower, Mission Planner, et al along with Solo app.

Does going through the setup and calibration via the QGC app change things on the drone itself until next calibration? Same question for tuning, fail safes, parameters, etc.

The reason I ask is that my solo is flying very well and I don't want to change anything that I can't get back to. I'm on iOS and haven't changed anything other that things via the solo app.

How do you all manage using two apps and their various parameters and maintain a safe environment?

Thanks!

I just would not do the calibrations in QGC should be fine
have to admit always wondered what auto tune would do for solo

I did not try hooking it to solo, just my DIY

Thanks Pyrate. So if I change a parameter, say takeoff height, in QGC - that will remain until I change it again (either in QGC or Solo app). Is my understanding correct?

Thanks Pyrate. So if I change a parameter, say takeoff height, in QGC - that will remain until I change it again (either in QGC or Solo app). Is my understanding correct?
Don't know about things like takeoff height, max altitude, min altitude, etc. but thought that was dependent on what App you were currently using to fly... Anyone?

Important cals like compass and level are stored in the Solo, and stick cal is stored in the controller - so once you have good cals, should be no need to re-cal with a different App. Most recommend re-cal with a FW update.

Have not confirmed but I am assuming these are parameters on the flight controller fw
so if you change them in a ground station, then launch the solo app not sure if the app would reload the app parameters

I have done some bench testing of the solo ,and I know I can change parameters. I have the beta for about 30 days.I have been flying my diy pixracer 210 quad with it using wifi as telemetry. Now with the 3.0 out if weather is good this weekend I'm going to do some testing with the solo in the air.

Reactions: speatuk and pyrate
Changing parameters (like takeoff height, speed, failsafes, etc.) are stored ON the Solo. Regardless of which application you use to change these parameters, they are stored on Solo and will be available to another application.

Thanks Larry. So if using QGC or similar, I can load the existing params FROM Solo and not overwrite solo with funky data I assume. (Funky data - tech term).

Unless QGC is different and early testing tells me no
anytime you connect to a vehicle, it down loads all the parameters
so as long as you do not change a parameter and purposely send it to the vehicle you should be fine.

As a rule of thumb, not needed just a habit I am in. when ever I connect to a vehicle, solo or my DIY once it has downloaded the parameters
I save them off to a file on my surface.
that way I have a parameter back up if I ever need it.

I run a few test. android tablet online with solo running beta and ios mini4 running QGC online at the same time. I was able to set up mission with QGC and run mission. While in mission on QGC took over Fly in solo app beta.
While running mission with QGC was able to get video feed from controller to android tablet. I also run test vice versa with android running QGC and IOS running solo app
IMG_0016[1].JPG

Reactions: pyrate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc