Solo Yaw is terribly slow in acro mode

Reaction score
I've not been able to get mine to yaw/rudder axis nice in acro mode.
Still having issues with yaw.
It is ungodly slow and does not feel "locked in"
Pirouettes are not at all flat and require some correction as it tries to dip a little.

I tried setting ACRO_YAW_P: to 5 then 9 then 10 (from default 1).
set at 9 or 10 it is only slightly faster and very sloppy.
It overshoots severely on stops and feels laggy on starts.

Is this as "good" as it gets in acro mode? or are there other settings?

"acro_yaw_p" does not sound like a rate of rotation setting it sounds more like a P gain adjust.

And if anything it feels like the P gain is way too low on yaw as well as way too slow.
Rate of rotation at any setting I've tried 1,5,9,10 is abysmally slow.

If you want to turn Solo into a racer you probably need to adjust all your PIDs, not just your Y gain. Remember, Solo (as delivered) was intended to be a stable camera platform.

I realize this is not a racer but yaw just seems ugly bad far worse than I expect.
I've flown other camera platforms in acro mode and they yawed so much nicer than this is.
The other two axis (elev/ail) are very nice fast responsive and hard stops out of the box set to "rabbit mode.
Yaw is sloppy and slow.

I'm not sure what else to suggest. I don't use acro mode because it would result in a smoking hole in the ground.

Speaking of PIDs, does Autotune work on a Solo?
Yes. But you'll need to do 1 or 2 axes at a time. You won't have enough to do the default of all three at once.

Acro is not my primary use either so it's not a major concern.
I sort of wanted to get a video of it doing a flip just for fun and because it can.
Just wasn't expecting the loose yaw feel that it has.
And how slow it is with that setting all the way up to max.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc