Solo won't start up... any ideas?

The # I recived was:

Trent Scobs

Customer Support
8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
855-982-2898
store.3drobotics.com
Yeah I'll try calling them they don't take any calls anymore also I have sit in three tickets and I have not gotten no response I've been talking to Mike Martinez at 3-D robotics he tells me I need to citizen Tele logs tried to do that I'm having issues

I see this is a really ancient post, but I just bought a new Solo, went through all the updates, everything works fine, and 10 satellites are acquired by the GPS. Controller says "Hold Fly Button to start motors" so I press and hold until the controller vibrates....nothing happens. I try several times, holding on even after the controller vibrates and....nothing happens. Uninstall Solo App, factory reset solo and controller, pair them, do all of the updates...etc...etc...etc, nothing happens. All 4 motors are non-functional. This is a brand new, all stock drone. Any ideas?

Yeah bring it back to where you bought it
Fortunately it is Amazon so I should get a replacement no problem. I wrote 3DR tech support to see if they recommend any other test before I go through the pain of returning it. I won't hold my breath.

Does the copter make any noise when you try and arm it?
If you want to troubleshoot any further, try using a free program called Mission Planner (pc) or Tower (Android) to see why it is failing pre-arm checks.

Does the copter make any noise when you try and arm it?
If you want to troubleshoot any further, try using a free program called Mission Planner (pc) or Tower (Android) to see why it is failing pre-arm checks.

No, absolutely silent and still. I may try running MP. Thanks for the suggestion. I have sent all of the logs to 3DR for their review. Does MP have alerts and error traps that the controller and Solo app don't? I can easily get to the point where it tells me to start the motors. I would expect some kind of error or alert if it failed pre-flight.

MP has way more error reporting than the stock app. You can look at almost any data value live if needed.
Many folks are able to resolve seemingly unrelated issues with the controller by opening up the controller and resetting (remove and replace) the SD card. Apparently it can come lose in shipping. The SD card holds the OS for the controller. Easy procedure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo