Solo with Garmin Ultra Virb 30 4K

Watch out for the Firmware Upgrade... there's a Thread called "Buggy Update" over there you need to read. I'm waiting for a replacement from Amazon. It will be here tomorrow.
I will for sure! Thanks for the heads up. I actually just got a text from my neighbor wanting to trade for a traxxas boat and cash. I may do it.

Reactions: FlyXlsa
IDK... couple hundred feet before the Firmware. I've had the Geofence set at Vertical 46m and Horizontial at 75m. I'm 1 mile from Hershey Med Center and they've got a Helicopter so I need to check in with them and stay low.

Good you've got an iPhone because it's 5 Ghz Wifi and not all Android Devices support that.
Here's a manual I found for it on the internet somewhere?

Attachments

• Breeze Manual.pdf
    408.4 KB · Views: 1
Good you've got an iPhone because it's 5 Ghz Wifi and not all Android Devices support that.
Here's a manual I found for it on the internet somewhere?
Awesome thanks. 100m is max distance. That's plenty for what I like to do!! Also the geofence feature is a great feature also on a drone of this caliber

Reactions: FlyXlsa
Almost forgot... I have a 1st Gen Virb. Waiting for my Gimbal and Hero4 to get here, but I flew this past Sunday. It was a little breezy. Video was stabilized with YouTube, not Final Cut Pro. I did it just to see how it worked. Everything is Manual with that model and no EIS/DIS. I do have a remote "watch" I can control the camera on/off, stills, etc. with limited range. I use that mostly for SCUBA diving.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well I stand corrected on the matter. Note the date and time :)

Thanks P2P. Seemed like a legit guy after our discussion. There's a few things a like better about Garmin's Virb. It uses GPS to superimpose selected data on the screen. It also integrates with Garmin's Glass Cockpit and the PiperSport LSA I fly has those Avionics.

Pretty cool stuff! See photo FYI

Attachments

• gmetrix-rec-outdoor.jpg
    gmetrix-rec-outdoor.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Also the Solo app plays perfectly with the Garmin camera. So you can stop/start the video. No issues with it being a Garmin!! I really do love the Solo. Really hate my HOA
Take 'em to task for that BS "rule" and fly over your own property.

In some Condo and HOA's you only "own" the space you live in. The rest is owned mutually with the other Home/Condo owners and they can set rules legally. No Dogs here, no xxxxx there, etc. - it really depends on the "Master Agreement" and policy(s) set by the board. Legally speaking - majority rules.

Vote out the board and change the rules or....

Take some cool pictures of your community, print them out and give them to the board members for free, let their grandkid fly the UAS with you, inspect the roofs and gutters with your UAS, etc.

My Association Board loves me and my UAS. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc