Solo Wi Fi Upgrade - Now what

It would need to be changed from the limit of 500 or 27dBm correct, or is it not limited in the current firmware or configuration? I think the upgraded cards can put out 29dBm or ~800mW.

I just replaced (only) my controller wifi card with the Microtik (the one shown in the video above) and I didn't have to re-pair the controller with the Solo. I wasn't expecting that. The drone connects properly and everything works. Again, I ONLY changed the controller card, NOT the Solo card. Does this sound correct?

Remember that if you just upgrade the wifi in the controller, then your controller will be able to reach Solo further out, but your Solo will not be able to reach your controller.
Its a two way conversation. So think of it this way, you can ask your solo to do something, but your solo wouldn't be able to reply back if it is out of range.

Its like using 2 way radio's. If you have a 10 watt 100 mile range radio, but your buddy only has a 1 watt 10 mile range, he can here you but you can't here him.

Reactions: mudbeast66
Remember that if you just upgrade the wifi in the controller, then your controller will be able to reach Solo further out, but your Solo will not be able to reach your controller.
Its a two way conversation. So think of it this way, you can ask your solo to do something, but your solo wouldn't be able to reply back if it is out of range.

Its like using 2 way radio's. If you have a 10 watt 100 mile range radio, but your buddy only has a 1 watt 10 mile range, he can here you but you can't here him.
I'm not sure if this is necessarily true...for instance. you can increase the range of your wifi signal by changing the wifi router in your home/office without changing the card in your device (e.g. phone). I suspect this is the effect that those who have only changed the controller card is experiencing. For me, increasing the range on one end may be enough for my needs.

I recently replaced just the card in the controller and with an ITELITE antenna get over 8000' in a rural setting with minimal trees.

Reactions: keoniahlo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela