SOLO Virgin

Reaction score
First I would like all seasoned pilots to refrain from interacting in this thread, let the virgins talk. Give all the "likes" you want, just don't reply otherwise.

So you’re a virgin Solo pilot, first flying anything, what others call newbs. Even if you’re bumping up from a parrot drone, you’re a newb. It’s not a negative connotation, it’s exciting to be a virgin, right…? No shame in being new, we all were there at one time...or a couple times.

I’d like to know how your experience has been so far regarding flying. We all understand your flying a Solo, because you’re here on this forum to talk about Solos. Just talk about flying, not the brand of bird, examples like the following:
  • This is more difficult than I expected.
  • The best thing ever, I feel like I’m 12 years old again.
  • I didn’t want to learn Drones 102 – Service/Repair.
  • I want my money back, because this is a lot of money.
  • The camera perspective is amazing.
  • I can’t wait to start hacking the software on this bird.
Good, bad or the ugly…talk about your flying experiences so far…from a Solo perspective. I would be fascinated to hear of your thoughts so far within this platform….as a newb.

Thank you!

Reactions: mxsoarx
I should be flying mine tomorrow for the first time and first copter ever, will sure post my comments.

First quad. So glad I bought this thing! I never liked the look of the phantom which is probably why I never purchased a quad before. The solo out of the box needed joystick calibration. Not knowing why this bird kept RTH when I was only 20 ft off the ground everytime I touched the right joystick was very alarming considering this thing costs $1000. Contacted 3dr and they walked me right thru the calibration process which is so easy to do. Flew like a dream after the calibration was complete. I can tell that 3dr still has some bugs to work out but I'm sticking with them. Still waiting on a backpack but I love this quad and I still can't believe how easy this thing is to fly. Ive flown maybe 3 battery and already have it on fast settings. Ive practiced in manual mode, although id rather not have to fly that way. Cant wait for the gimble but you have to respect a company who doesn't want to release a half a** product even though it is in such high demand and they would still make a fortune off it. 3drs customer service and guarantee put them way above the rest! Thank you 3dr for taking the time to make sure your upcoming products are 100%. Everyone else, enjoy flying your solo!

Still need a backpack btw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea