Solo Video 20150704

Reaction score
Video of a distance test using stock antennas and a speed test with Fly and Manual mode. I almost had a crash at one point which was my fault, not Solo's. This video was taken at a model airplane field in the suburbs of Chicago.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raybro
I hit close to 40 yesterday I am 2 notches below the fastest setting. I did have a little tailwind.
Looks like you were in manual going down the runway.....haulin butt! Looks like she's handling well.

I have not messed with the speed setting too much. I maybe moved it 2 clicks from the turtle at the most. I will have to remember to move that setting towards the rabbit and see what type of speed I get.

Looks like a cool well kept place to go fly, seems you had the place to yourself pretty much. There's not too many great places around here in Cincinnati at least not near my place. Mostly just parks or schools that aren't wooded, or so congested with buildings and or wifi that it's risky at this point for solo.

Thanks for the vid

I have not messed with the speed setting too much. I maybe moved it 2 clicks from the turtle at the most. I will have to remember to move that setting towards the rabbit and see what type of speed I get.

You better be ready. Solo turns into an entirely different beast when you set it to Rabbit! lmaoo

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I took it out again today and flew in Manual mode and turned the speed all the way up. Got it going just past 50 mph. It totally sounds different flying overhead at that speed.

Reactions: Raybro
Great video. The video was not bad either. Did you do any post work on it?

Great video. The video was not bad either. Did you do any post work on it?

Thanks. I sped up the beginning (distance test) and end (height test), the rest of the video was normal speed. There are no color or stabilization corrections. The GoPro settings were 1080P, 60f, Medium, Protune=On, White Balance=Auto, Color=GoPro, ISO=400, Sharpness=Low, EV Compensation= -0.5. The EV setting really helped, otherwise it would have been over-exposed if I kept it at zero. I shot this around 5:30pm.

Yea i noticed the speed. Cars were moving too :)

I thought it looked pretty stable. Little wind? Mine is decent full forward stick with no wind. Well decent might be pushing it.

Cant believe you did not flip it when you drug the front landing gear :)

Wind was less than 10 mph. I'm trying to get better with my starts; trying to start slower and then get to full speed instead of just gunning it and having the nose dip. I really thought I was going to flip it when I touched the ground. The rubber on the legs got rubbed a little, but I think if I was going faster than 11 mph then it would have flipped for sure.

Video of a distance test using stock antennas and a speed test with Fly and Manual mode. I almost had a crash at one point which was my fault, not Solo's. This video was taken at a model airplane field in the suburbs of Chicago.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Where are you getting your speed readings from?

Where are you getting your speed readings from?

On the Solo App. Click on the battery or the Remote strength bars and another line of stats will show up. On the left hand side it should show your speed, plus some other useful info.

Pretty great here man. Nice job.

I tried the Rabbit mode and QUICKLY turned it way down again. I am about 1/3 the way up from turtle so far. Plenty fast for me at this point.

Ryan G

I think the full rabbit mode in GPS is the way to fly.. its zippy, responsive and fast. Im used to flying phantoms which are pretty zippy out of the gate (although you cant tune as much).
I will likely turn on turtle mode when im getting some nice shots. Such a nice option to have that slider

Agreed. I might turn it up a little more slowly. Since I am using it mainly for photo and video I don't want to crash that thing just yet. :)

Ryan G

I live In DeKalb and just got a solo. I have a lot of experience with multi's and I have to say your video has much less jello effect than my first video with the Solo. Flies well, but for $1k it should have less vibration out of the box. I hope my balancing shaft for dji props works with the Solo props. Once I edit out the first 6 min waiting for a GPS lock I will post the video. Also noticing that the motors get kinda warm just slowly flying around. Adding a gimbal will make that worse with the added weight.

Reactions: rrmccabe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986