Solo stuck on update

Reaction score
hello. Everyone has seen and or downloaded the new update but did anyone have any issues? My LED's are stuck on GREEN, and my controller can't find the solo anymore? Any hardest recommendations? It's been 2 hours. It's timed out and gone to sleep with inactivity twice. Still nothing new. Anyone else?

hello. Everyone has seen and or downloaded the new update but did anyone have any issues? My LED's are stuck on GREEN, and my controller can't find the solo anymore? Any hardest recommendations? It's been 2 hours. It's timed out and gone to sleep with inactivity twice. Still nothing new. Anyone else?
Mine did the same thing. A factory reset on the controller and Solo brought everything back. All works well now. You can find the procedure in section 10 of the current manual...

not uncommon for them to become unpaired during an update
like Jub said just do a reset

Mine took a loong time to download the software upgrade. I'm talking probably 45 minutes. I thought it was locked up but there is a small horizontal green line that progresses across the top to show its working. After that the actual upgrade took a few probably between 5 and 10 minutes.
If it seems to lock up when the wifi is connected to the home then it's in the SW download from 3dr. If it's locking up when the wifi is connected to solo then it's something with the controller or solo.

Thanks guys, idk how many times I'm allowed to do a factory reset but I just tried for a third time. LED's still stuck on green. Controller was reset as well. That seems to work because it showing "new software " when I connect to the wifi. But now on top of the solo just being stuck in some green LED limbo tht won't reset , now when I Just try to to turn the controller off it turns itself back on within 30 seconds. I really wish the factory reset would have worked since I'm traveling tomorrow and wanted to take it and know 3dr won't contact me till Monday I'm guessing

Have you actually downloaded the SW from 3dr using your home wifi?

Have you actually downloaded the SW from 3dr using your home wifi?
Yes sir. I downloaded it this afternoon. Maybe I power cycles too soon and the drone wasn't complete with its update? Either way you'd thing the factory reset would have at least done what it's intended for. Controller turns back on now and solo isnstucknon green LEDs when it turns on and never connects to controller

Did you switch your wifi connection back to solo? I just bought mine today and struggled a little bit to get it right. Of course I don't read instructions.

If you killed power during a SW write, it's possible to hose the the board. I done this on other equipment. No way to recover it. There's also no way to tell either.

Yes sir. I haven't had any other issues with any of the updates. I put in a ticket this afternoon and was hoping to have this resolved and just email them saying never mind. haha. not the case. I guess its just a waiting game until I hear back from 3DR :/

Man that's to bad..I'm just reading how the GP + silver won't work with the gimbal. Of course that's what I have and it doesn't work.
I should have known better. At least I've got a few days if I want to return it.

Man that's to bad..I'm just reading how the GP + silver won't work with the gimbal. Of course that's what I have and it doesn't work.
I should have known better. At least I've got a few days if I want to return it.
hmmmm I have the new hero 4 black. I love my solo so I hope this gets resolved and I was so excited to try the smart shots out. Im curious about when GoPro is releasing Karma, but the solo is awesome and based out of Texas. Give it some thought. Maybe time for a new GP ;)

Yeah, that's ultimately what's going to happen. I'll have to sell my 3+silver and hero 2 to offset the cost
I'm really liking the Solo thus far. I've got a couple of flights on it now.
I hope you get yours ironed out.

Supposedly the Hero5 will be released in October. No word if it will be compatible with the current gimbal yet, but minimally H4 prices should drop then.

hmmmm I have the new hero 4 black. I love my solo so I hope this gets resolved and I was so excited to try the smart shots out. Im curious about when GoPro is releasing Karma, but the solo is awesome and based out of Texas. Give it some thought. Maybe time for a new GP ;)

what was the outcome of this issue? my solo is doing the same thing, stuck on green led during factory reset?

turn off solo take gimbal and cover off, you see that button inside there where it says sswt hold it down and turn on solo while continuing to hold the button in, once it starts you will here the typical start up sound that will turn into a different tone this is the pixhawk resetting, it will go through led flashing lights and should reset with white/blue leds up front and red in rear, if it does not check the orange led near the pairing hole/button it should be slowly blinking, if not reset the solo using the factory reset procedure.
Once booted check the orange led again it should be blinking on off very slowly, if not the computer did not boot properly and it may be a dislodged SD card inside the solo, as that is where the boot code is stored...good luck

one other thing if you factory reset solo you will have to reset the controller also or they will not talk to one another period.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986