Solo Seizure, log help please

Reaction score
Was bringing Solo in for a landing and at about the 11.5 minute mark, solo looked like it had a small seizure and sounded like the motors briefly cut out. It looked like it dropped then recovered and stabilized.

Can anybody help review the log and let me know if anything what may have caused this. I've attached the .bin that loadLog.py gave me. If you need anything else, let me know.

Dropbox - log151.bin

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    57.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Was bringing Solo in for a landing and at about the 11.5 minute mark, solo looked like it had a small seizure and sounded like the motors briefly cut out. It looked like it dropped then recovered and stabilized.

Can anybody help review the log and let me know if anything what may have caused this. I've attached the .bin that loadLog.py gave me. If you need anything else, let me know.View attachment 4758

also, what the "failsafe fence" error?

Quick search led to this site Diagnosing problems using Logs — Copter documentation. Some interesting info there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I guess it seems to indicate mechanical failure, either ESC or motor. Does anybody know how i can narrow this down to determine which particular motor pod was affected? When it first failed, it looks like pitch and roll both became positive, consistent with one motor dropping, but which one?

I'm guessing it follows the right hand rule (thumb points along positive x, y or z, and the fingers curl in positive direction of axis rotation) so positive pitch and roll means it leaned to the front and right, so the motor pod number 01 on the solo. can anyone confirm?

EDIT:
it does not follow the right hand rule... according to the mission planner documentation notes it rolled right and pitched back so motor pod 4 briefly stopped. so next question is why?

ATT (attitude information):

RollIn The pilot’s desired roll angle in centi-degrees (roll left is negative, right is positive)
Roll The vehicle’s actual roll in centi-degrees (roll left is negative, right is positive)
PitchIn The pilot’s desired pitch angle in centi-degrees (pitch forward is negative, pitch back is positive)
Pitch The vehicle’s actual pitch angle in centi-degrees (pitch forward is negative, pitch back is positive)
YawIn Tthe pilot’s desired yaw rate as a number from -4500 ~ 4500 (not in deg/sec, clockwise is positive)
Yaw The vehicles actual heading in centi-degrees with 0 = north
NavYaw The desired heading in centi-degrees

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
EDIT:
it does not follow the right hand rule... according to the mission planner documentation notes it rolled right and pitched back so motor pod 4 briefly stopped. so next question is why?

Nice interpretation of the log files to determine #4 motor. Change the bearings or swap-out to another motor pod. Or upgrade bearings by going to a T-motor motor replacement...

The ESC's do not seem to have any major issues. Based on this last year of user experiences here on the forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl