Solo says on start up, solo batteries low.

Reaction score
I'm trying to fly solo on in a remote island area. I have cell service and connected to wifi but cannot take off because it says solo batterie low. Nope everything was fully charged. Anybody have an idea? I did notice I had no signal on controller don't know why.
Thanks guys

I'm trying to fly solo on in a remote island area. I have cell service and connected to wifi but cannot take off because it says solo batterie low. Nope everything was fully charged. Anybody have an idea? I did notice I had no signal on controller don't know why.
Thanks guys
Did you try shutting everything down.. And then rebooting everything back up again!!

And even changing the battery to see if you had the same results ..?

Did you try shutting everything down.. And then rebooting everything back up again!!

And even changing the battery to see if you had the same results ..?
Yes did both. Went home charged everything 100% then back to island same thing. Bummer

Yes did both. Went home charged everything 100% then back to island same thing. Bummer
I know I've read on this forum somewhere that someone els had a problem with there controller saying that the smart battery only having 10% battery life even thoe the battery was fully charged..!! But I don't remember how or if he ever fixed his problem..?
You could always call 3DR about your situation and see what they have to say..!

I know I've read on this forum somewhere that someone els had a problem with there controller saying that the smart battery only having 10% battery life even thoe the battery was fully charged..!! But I don't remember how or if he ever fixed his problem..?
Just went outside and set up everything as I did earlier at the island and it worked perfect. Must have something to do with signal strength of some sort.

Reactions: Del
This above was my question, trying another site. Can't imagine why being on a remote island would make a difference though, it's not like you need cell service or anything to fly. Really you'd think you could go for miles, with no interference of any kind it should help you out in theory. Not sure good luck though I'm sure it's a great spot to get some footage.

Just went outside and set up everything as I did earlier at the island and it worked perfect. Must have something to do with signal strength of some sort.

I'm glad to hear that everything seems fine now..sometimes we can't explain why weird things happens..it could just be something in the air that the Solo didn't like or the Area that your in at the time.. So I don't think it's a problem until it happens consistently !!
I had a weird problem one day... And the next day it was gone.. And I don't know why !
So I just right it off as a glitch!!

Fly Safe
Fly Smart
Fly 3DR

Reactions: emulsiondown

I posted about the same experience some time ago. Fully charged battery showed 10%. But as I recall it didn't prevent me from taking off with the "battery too low" warning. I cautiously launched and the flight went fine. Never have seen that same warning since. Chalked it up as a one-off oddity (OOO).

I posted about the same experience some time ago. Fully charged battery showed 10%. But as I recall it didn't prevent me from taking off with the "battery too low" warning. I cautiously launched and the flight went fine. Never have seen that same warning since. Chalked it up as a one-off oddity (OOO).
So your the guy I was thinking of.. Now I remember.. Lol
Thanks for posting..:)

Im having those same issues right now. Im not join a island or anything but my remote is telling my my battery is at 0% when its actually at 100%. Anyone find a fix?

I had the same problem back in March. Three different occasions the same day Solo said battery was at 10% when it was actually nearly full, while the display on the controller read 0%. Changed the battery and the same thing happened after some minutes of flying. The problem with that is the automatic RTH feature is activated at 10% and I happened to be far from the home point.At one point after saying the battery was low (when it clearly wasn't) it pretty much decided to fall out of the sky. Did this ever repeat for you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela