Solo Remote not Charging Keeps Blinking Hold Power to Power On

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I just my solo last week, still waiting on the gimbal :)

I am trying to charge my controller but it won't charge, it just keep blinking hold power to power on and the battery icon never goes up.
I was able to charge it once successfully last week when I first go it.

I tried resetting the controller to factory default and applying preflight updates again and no luck.

Any one has any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks for any suggestions
-Adrian

I had a temporary issue with the power button on the controller last week... It appeared to get hung up in the depressed position. To resolve, I depressed the power button and wiggled it a little, no further issues. Could have been dirt or the angle in which I depressed the button. Usage should remedy any future hang ups, after it beaks-in.

Double check that none of the buttons on the controller are getting hung up. Good luck!

The first Solo that I got came with a controller that would not charge. I had to send it back to 3DR for a replacement.

A stuck button is what I had, and like RichWest said, once I tried it several times, I have not had that problem since. Some guys will also open the battery compartment and disconnect the battery for 10-15 secs, and then reconnect and try it again. Good luck, Adrian, and welcome to the forum.

A stuck button is what I had, and like RichWest said, once I tried it several times, I have not had that problem since. Some guys will also open the battery compartment and disconnect the battery for 10-15 secs, and then reconnect and try it again. Good luck, Adrian, and welcome to the forum.
Stuck button here too.

Also if you have a voltmeter check the output of your 3DR wall charger. If I remember correctly it should be 8.4 volts. I narrowed my problem down to the charger input plug socket on the controller. If I plugged the charger into it and bent it really hard it would momentarily show "charger connected" but stopped as soon as I let go. Probably a bad solder.

The first Solo that I got came with a controller that would not charge. I had to send it back to 3DR for a replacement.

Same here, my first controller did not charge at all. I was able to replace through 3DR, but a replacement through the retailer is more than likely to be faster.

I called 3DR today and apparently they would need me to send it back to them, so instead of waiting around for shipping I returned to store and got a exchange the new controller seems to be charging already, let's just hope that it continues to do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo