Solo Reincarnation Project - Part 3: Extending Flight Time

Reaction score
Added 2nd 4S 5200mAh batt in parallel with original Solo batt. 5 more minutes of flight time than stock Solo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What motor and prop combination are you using on that beast? To lift the added weight and actually gain time, I presume you have low kv motors and bigger props?

Any chance you could step it out to 6s and 14-15" props? Would get at least 18 per battery.

Sorry, I should elaborate.

Of all the custom builds I have done (somewhere over 30), the motor that blew my mind was the TBS 400kv. Tbs originaly made it to partner with amob in order to make the TBS Endurance. Which in essence was a long arm TBS Discovery.

The motor is of pancake design providing high torque for large props. On a single battery Endurance the flight time is aproximatly 18 mins with AUW of 2kg, and a single 6s 4000mah battery. Additional batterys extend the time out to 35min (2.5kg) and 45 min (3kg) respectively.

From memory optimum blade length was 15" T-motor cf props (can't remember the pitch), but 13" was also not uncommon.

Although I love your design dearly so far I would myself use the TBS motors (which are custom designed and made by t-motor). I would also knock down the esc to 20amp or less (hobbywing platinum pro are actualy t-motor rebrands) as your goal for efficient amperage in flight is less than 10amps (Disco was 8.8 and below). You would probably (obviously) need to regulate power for the main board.

Either way you go, you are doing impressive work and I will be eager to buy when you have a kit out :)

Any chance you could step it out to 6s and 14-15" props? Would get at least 18 per battery.
Unfortunately no, not with this frame and the purpose of this build, reusing Solo's electronics.

Sorry, I should elaborate.

Of all the custom builds I have done (somewhere over 30), the motor that blew my mind was the TBS 400kv. Tbs originaly made it to partner with amob in order to make the TBS Endurance. Which in essence was a long arm TBS Discovery.

The motor is of pancake design providing high torque for large props. On a single battery Endurance the flight time is aproximatly 18 mins with AUW of 2kg, and a single 6s 4000mah battery. Additional batterys extend the time out to 35min (2.5kg) and 45 min (3kg) respectively.

From memory optimum blade length was 15" T-motor cf props (can't remember the pitch), but 13" was also not uncommon.

Although I love your design dearly so far I would myself use the TBS motors (which are custom designed and made by t-motor). I would also knock down the esc to 20amp or less (hobbywing platinum pro are actualy t-motor rebrands) as your goal for efficient amperage in flight is less than 10amps (Disco was 8.8 and below). You would probably (obviously) need to regulate power for the main board.

Either way you go, you are doing impressive work and I will be eager to buy when you have a kit out :)
I have couple of 6s builds that were planned for endurance flight. 35 and 40min respectively.

Reactions: nightram

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela