Solo problems

Reaction score
anyone knows why solo lose singnal so often I crash mine twice already,

Had mine since release and aside from one gps glitch week one I've not list signal or crashed once. May be worth buying the fpvlr antenna I use, but even without it I was ok flying line of sight. Maybe post or send your logs in and see if everything's in proper order.

I bought the alfa antena bc i tough that probably was the antena that wasn't strong enough but still lose the singal and alot propers

Directional antenna mean you mean the transmitter pointed at the Solo if you misdirection your controller for a moment you can lose signal and trigger an RTL, This is the reason some people have 1 stock antenna plus 1 ALFA.

anyone knows why solo lose singnal so often I crash mine twice already,
There's a problem with this statement. You're not giving us the complete picture. The solo doesn't just crash when it loses signal. The solo did not crash as a result of losing signal so often. Please elaborate on these crashes. Furthermore, you've not said what distance you're losing signal at, or what the surrounding environment is like.

When Solo loses contact with the controller, it has a very defined and predictable response. It does not just fall out of the sky or commit suicide. It will climb to the RTH altitude you've set, fly a straight line and hover over the location where you took off from, then descend straight down and land. The only way it's crashing in this scenario is if you have the RTH altitude set too low for the surrounding obstacles, or there are obstacles in the landing area. In either case, the crash is operator error. Also, once the solo comes back into range, you can hit the fly button and resume flying rather than letting it land.

The Solo communicates with the controller via WiFi. With those Alfa antennas, you should be good for thousands of feet with an unobstructed line of sight and low WiFi interference. But, if you're in an urban or residential environment, the WiFi frequencies will be jam packed already. All the other uses of WiFi in the area can reduce the effective range of the Solo's controller. Even with the Alfa antennas.

There's a problem with this statement. You're not giving us the complete picture. The solo doesn't just crash when it loses signal. The solo did not crash as a result of losing signal so often. Please elaborate on these crashes. Furthermore, you've not said what distance you're losing signal at, or what the surrounding environment is like.

When Solo loses contact with the controller, it has a very defined and predictable response. It does not just fall out of the sky or commit suicide. It will climb to the RTH altitude you've set, fly a straight line and hover over the location where you took off from, then descend straight down and land. The only way it's crashing in this scenario is if you have the RTH altitude set too low for the surrounding obstacles, or there are obstacles in the landing area. In either case, the crash is operator error. Also, once the solo comes back into range, you can hit the fly button and resume flying rather than letting it land.

The Solo communicates with the controller via WiFi. With those Alfa antennas, you should be good for thousands of feet with an unobstructed line of sight and low WiFi interference. But, if you're in an urban or residential environment, the WiFi frequencies will be jam packed already. All the other uses of WiFi in the area can reduce the effective range of the Solo's controller. Even with the Alfa antennas.

Ur right i fortget to say that the solo was 65feets forward and only 36 feet up, and i lose signal and start spinning around unto crash

OK. Something is drastically wrong there. That is not simply losing signal. That's a major loss of control and stability, and something is seriously wrong with the aircraft. Do not continue trying to fly. You need to open a ticket with 3DR for them to analyze and address. You should use the Solo app, while connected to solo, to open the ticket. That way it will download the log files and send them with the ticket. Before you do that, make sure you have registered your Solo with serial number on 3DR's website.

OK. Something is drastically wrong there. That is not simply losing signal. That's a major loss of control and stability, and something is seriously wrong with the aircraft. Do not continue trying to fly. You need to open a ticket with 3DR for them to analyze and address. You should use the Solo app, while connected to solo, to open the ticket. That way it will download the log files and send them with the ticket. Before you do that, make sure you have registered your Solo with serial number on 3DR's website.
U think i can to bestbuy and get a new one?

U think i can to bestbuy and get a new one?
That would depend on your agreement with Best Buy. I'd bring it back because at this point you don't have anything to loose. The worst thing is they say that you can't return it and you need to contact the manufacturer. How is that any worse than where you are now?

Thank you for ur help, probably im gonna try to return and get a new one is not even 4 weeks that I bought form them,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela