Solo Preset Sweep Broken

Reaction score
FIXED! See video of the issue in the following post and the fix down below here.

Hey guys. Last night I noticed my preset sweep timers is stuck on "52307" with another spot next to the 7 that looks like a piece of zebra print, the same size as the numerals. I have video feed, and can control the gimbal, but the preset sweep will not work. I can set a new preset sweep angle, but can not set the time it takes to sweep, and I can not initiate an actual preset sweep. I found 1 similar instance of this issue here Gimbal Question Thread | 3D Robotics Drone Forum with no resolution. Later down in the thread OP claims his sweep is inoperatice, and the timer is displaying 'nonesense" sounds similar to what I have. I've reset the controller, reset the solo, repaired, and updated them both again with the solo app. Still says 52307 and zebra print.

EDIT, this issue has been resolved thanks to 3DR support. They came back quick with fixes that I had already tried, then my savior, Amanda tells me to login as root and run this command

sololink_config --set-ui-sweep 0 90

It worked. Back in the game. You rock 3DR!

Last edited:
You might need to do a sticks calibration.
Use the search function for the method.
Sounds like you may have a faulty pot (slider)

You might need to do a sticks calibration.
Use the search function for the method.
Sounds like you may have a faulty pot (slider)
I already tried the stick calibration. Didn't fix it. I don't think a faulty POT would cause the screen to go all wonky. Here is a video of my controller screen.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I already tried the stick calibration. Didn't fix it. I don't think a faulty POT would cause the screen to go all wonky. Here is a video of my controller screen.
Looks like your video is set to "private" mode.:(

Well this is something definitely new to me !!
That looks pretty crazy.. Hope you figure it out or contact 3DR..

Cheers

Well I just spoke to 3dr support. The woman, Amanda gave me a command to use in putty. ssh [email protected] sololink_config —set-ui-sweep 0 90 I'm at work for another 5 hours so I will try it at home.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Del
Just in case a novice like me doesn't know how to "login as root" here are some instructions on how to do this to Solo's controller from a Mac:
  • Turn on Solo's Controller
  • Turn on Solo's Drone
  • Go to System Preferences on your Mac.
  • Click on Network
  • Click on Wi-Fi in the box on the left.
  • Click on Network Name: drop-down box on the right.
  • Select the SoloLink_XXXXXXX matching your Solo
  • Click on Assist Me . . . in the bottom of the Network box
  • Enter your password for your SoloLink
  • Your Mac should then be connected to your Solo via WiFi
  • Open Launchpad
  • Click on Terminal program
  • Opens a window
  • Should see something like "[server:~ username$
  • type the command between the quotation marks: ssh [email protected]
  • This will provide access to the controller, not the Solo itself. There are plenty of warnings as shown here: https://dev.3dr.com/starting-network.html
  • It should show this message: The authenticity of host '10.1.1.1 (10.1.1.1)' can't be established. ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:gMhqPs0P/WpTkvdffoTIqfRMK5bxRQ5WrmfF7RBjcbE. Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
  • Type: yes
  • It should show this message: Warning: Permanently added '10.1.1.1' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts. [email protected]'s password:
  • Type: TjSDBkAu
  • It should show this prompt: root@3dr_controller:~#
  • Type: sololink_config --set-ui-sweep 0 90
  • It should show: 0 90
  • That apparently confirms that the presets have been reset, although on my controller the presets were the same as before.
  • Type: exit
  • It should show: root@3dr_controller:~# exit logout Connection to 10.1.1.1 closed. server:~ username$
  • Then go to the Solo Controller and set the presets as normal.
  • After that, the preset sweep went from 15098 or something to "13 sec"

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela