solo power shuttoff

Reaction score
Has anyone accidently reversed the props and then started solo and then wasn't able to shut solo off through the controller, and the only thing you can do is remove the battery from the battery tray without tearing your fingertips off in the spinning props ?

How do you reverse the props, when they only go on one way? I am not sure quite sure what you mean by reversing the props, unless you are using the MAS props, which are specific to each motor. I just assume you mean the OEM props in your post. I think you would have to really force them on to get them wrong.

How do you reverse the props, when they only go on one way? I am not sure quite sure what you mean by reversing the props, unless you are using the MAS props, which are specific to each motor. I just assume you mean the OEM props in your post. I think you would have to really force them on to get them wrong.

They are Masterairscrew props...and what I meant by reversing was that I put the clockwise props on the counterclockwise motors and the counterclockwise props on the clockwise engine..you get the point.

Did you try the emergency motor off :
Panic Buttons | 3DR Site Scan - Commercial Drone Platform

I assume all 4 props are reversed ? If not , it will flip.
When I do test , a tied down Solo, what I can tell is that the brain of the Solo will throttle hard to lift the Solo in vain, but I can turn it OFF using the controller.
In your case if the Solo get pushed down instead , maybe the barometer experience "vacuum" pressure and act different...maybe...and normal propeller motor shut down procedure wont work due to certain algorithm does not match.

However I always do tied down test and fly with MANUAL take off, are you on AUTO take off ?

Did you try the emergency motor off :
Panic Buttons | 3DR Site Scan - Commercial Drone Platform

I assume all 4 props are reversed ? If not , it will flip.
When I do test , a tied down Solo, what I can tell is that the brain of the Solo will throttle hard to lift the Solo in vain, but I can turn it OFF using the controller.
In your case if the Solo get pushed down instead , maybe the barometer experience "vacuum" pressure and act different...maybe...and normal propeller motor shut down procedure wont work due to certain algorithm does not match.

However I always do tied down test and fly with MANUAL take off, are you on AUTO take off ?

They are Masterairscrew props...and what I meant by reversing was that I put the clockwise props on the counterclockwise motors and the counterclockwise props on the clockwise engine..you get the point.
Just in case you didn't know, the Master Airscrew props are labeled. If you look on the props, the prop dimensions are printed on each prop. The dimensions that have an "R" at the end are the ones for the black hubs. The ones with no "R" at the end of the printed dimensions are for the silver hubs. I hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc