Solo mod - Parrot Sequoia

That is a rocking solution, they just took over the MR ag biz with that release. It's an answer to all the needs for that application. Wow, very interesting. Thanks for sharing the link.

Makes sense to show Solo, Bebop has no ability to lift or sustain high winds. Parrot is a member of Drone Code...so this makes better sense.

Reactions: Jubalr
That is a rocking solution, they just took over the MR ag biz with that release. It's an answer to all the needs for that application. Wow, very interesting. Thanks for sharing the link.

Makes sense to show Solo, Bebop has no ability to lift or sustain high winds. Parrot is a member of Drone Code...so this makes better sense.
The plane they show in the video is Parrot's new fixed wing announced at CES.

Shown with Solo in this ad:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I'd spring for one of these right now. Also looks like they have working on the data processing workflow...awesome and it might be a good alternative to MAPIR offerings.

They've had the EBee out for a while now, that's the one in the video. The new one is the hobby version revealed at CES.

The new camera rocks!
The one thing about a fixed wing belly flopper working fields is a suitable landing spot that doesn't rough up the wing or the sensor...which looks unprotected on their new fixed wing sUAS. That's one reason I read about the xUAV Talon use for ag work is protection for cameras and landing gear....same reason I'm on the fence right now for a multipurpose fixed wing has....cant seem to find one that is rugged and affordable for startup ag use.

The one thing about a fixed wing belly flopper working fields is a suitable landing spot that doesn't rough up the wing or the sensor...which looks unprotected on their new fixed wing sUAS. That's one reason I read about the xUAV Talon use for ag work is protection for cameras and landing gear....same reason I'm on the fence right now for a multipurpose fixed wing has....cant seem to find one that is rugged and affordable for startup ag use.

Key word: Affordable! Farmers are not interested otherwise. The cheapest decent solution I've found is the e384 from Event38.

And the fact that they intentionally made it the same size as the GP was very smart.

Key word: Affordable! Farmers are not interested otherwise. The cheapest decent solution I've found is the e384 from Event38.
I hear ya...most farmers I know would not be interested in learning another system...walking fields still works...so the market is likely with companies that rent a lot of average, don't know the peculiarities of each rental farm, and simply want timely data.
Big outfits like Seneca and Del Monte will have a tech services dept that might be interested in uav-provided data. It's going to be a marketing effort for quite a while.

I hear ya...most farmers I know would not be interested in learning another system...walking fields still works...so the market is likely with companies that rent a lot of average, don't know the peculiarities of each rental farm, and simply want timely data.
Big outfits like Seneca and Del Monte will have a tech services dept that might be interested in uav-provided data. It's going to be a marketing effort for quite a while.

Not necessarily.
If the Farm Bureau is behind/promoting the use of UAV for small farms, you can bet the interest will happen sooner than later.

Reactions: Maddog
Our family has 375 acres in Walworth County Wisconsin near Darien (prairie farmland) and that is where I'll be testing/marketing this capability starting in April-or May, once there is vegetation growing again up there in the field. So, is the Farm Bureau interested in UAV tech? Most of the folk I know up there listen to the UW Extension scientists...hmm, that might be another place to see what's going on too...Ag College Extensions.

Reactions: Maddog
Our family has 375 acres in Walworth County Wisconsin near Darien (prairie farmland) and that is where I'll be testing/marketing this capability starting in April-or May, once there is vegetation growing again up there in the field. So, is the Farm Bureau interested in UAV tech? Most of the folk I know up there listen to the UW Extension scientists...hmm, that might be another place to see what's going on too...Ag College Extensions.

Prior to his death, my father was the EVP of the American Farm Bureau, and I've been "holding their hand" through the last year. There is a lot of excitement on their end.

Reactions: RichWest
Prior to his death, my father was the EVP of the American Farm Bureau, and I've been "holding their hand" through the last year. There is a lot of excitement on their end.
Got a URL you can send over? thanks

Companies are starting to peddle hardware and software down in South Texas. Basically anytime an ag, cattle or wildlife gathering is occurring, doesn't even matter what the group is about. Not sure if it is sponsored by the extension service, but it's being discussed more frequently over the last 6 months.

It'll take some time, but I'd imagine it'll be a service oriented business model. The large factor is what are the cost advantages to having to pay for the service, over not doing anything at all. Anyone have some links to any recent studies for why drones? I don't think Bubba Brown is going to buy a 10K bird and let one of his hands or his child get into that business on the farm. They may try however....

Not sure anyone caught the sun light sensor on the Sequoia. That makes the tool much more complete. Further the GPS is mounted off that sensor, which is on top of Solo... Well thought out design.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela