Solo LED Head Light and Tail Light

58mph???? Was that by chance with a tailwind? Was the solo losing altitude at that speed?

Have you by chance noticed what the max speed is at which it can maintain altitude?

Rabbit in fly is 33mph. Limited by parameters. If you were going faster than 33mph in FLY at full rabbit, you had a tailwind adding the extra.

I love these lights. They are not anti-collision lights, but they definitely help determine orientation. They are bright enough for any time of day. I think they should come in the box with a Solo; I rate this as a must have. The installation really looks DIY however, and it "uses up" the expansion port, but right now there is nothing else I have to go into the port.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Just added these lights. I don't know if there was a production change along the way, but mine are covered in a clear flexible rubber over the LEDs. Some earlier had said theirs were just bare LEDs. Anyway, I agree, the wiring seems destined to break so I'll put some hot glue or silicone on the attachment points. The box says they are 250 lumens. Nice and bright. On my set the wires seem shorter than in many of the photos I've seen, maybe they shortened them up so they fit more snug. They still will need to be strapped down in some fashion before I fly with the lights on.

I also got the PolarPro leg extensions. I got their lens filters too. Can't wait to try all these out.

DSC03037.JPG DSC03038.JPG

Those are really bright at night. My nephew was following me around in my Rhino in the desert at night with his. I could see his Solo from a long way away.
According to him they do shorten the flight time considerably.

They look great.

Those are really bright at night. My nephew was following me around in my Rhino in the desert at night with his. I could see his Solo from a long way away.
According to him they do shorten the flight time considerably.

They look great.
That's interesting as others have said no discernible difference in flight times. For those still flying these how are your flight times?

Hmm, they are great, I lose no more than a minute of flight time I estimate. I had issues of them unplugging from the accessory plug. Velcro strap fixed the issue. The lights are great for orientation purposes.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Hmm, they are great, I lose no more than a minute of flight time I estimate. I had issues of them unplugging from the accessory plug. Velcro strap fixed the issue. The lights are great for orientation purposes.

Do you keep them on all the time or need to take them off to fit into the 3dr backpack?

Hey Maddog - I read through the thread and I'm confident that your kit is the best way to go, especially for what I'm trying to accomplish (Maximum vis) but my budget for lights barely makes the $29 for the Polar Pro's. My solo is not even here yet but my list of add-on's/mod's is growing. I was all set to pick up the cree strobes for my Spark since it desperately needs more lights for night flight but at $25/30 per light I have not pulled the trigger.

I understand- being retired on a fixed income, I really need to spend my pennies wisely. :(

This reminds me, now that I have moved completely to the Brite Lite system, I have a set of Polar Pro lights for sale.

Guess I should get my list of for sale stuff together and head off to the Classifieds section.

:D

Reactions: Maddog
Do you keep them on all the time or need to take them off to fit into the 3dr backpack?

Depending on your case, you may have to take them off each time you use them. I have seen other Solo owners modify their cases to allow for permanent PP installation. I personally just install them each time I decide to use them.

They are not a bad kit and do the job for orientation purposes.

Depending on your case, you may have to take them off each time you use them. I have seen other Solo owners modify their cases to allow for permanent PP installation. I personally just install them each time I decide to use them.

They are not a bad kit and do the job for orientation purposes.
Yep - that's what I figured for 29 bucks it's worth a try. I have the backpack and read that they will fit installed but it's tight? Curious if folks used zip ties to keep them on or just a bit of hot glue.

They fit in the backpack. They fit a little better when you shave a small bit off with a small razor blade, though, wherever they are snug.
Way easier to leave the lights on the frame than remove every time, with that small mod to the backpack. Also good idea to tape (duct or electrical) across the plug, since eventually it seems to wiggle loose and drop out of the plug bay.
My $0.02 worth...

They fit in the backpack. They fit a little better when you shave a small bit off with a small razor blade, though, wherever they are snug.
Way easier to leave the lights on the frame than remove every time, with that small mod to the backpack. Also good idea to tape (duct or electrical) across the plug, since eventually it seems to wiggle loose and drop out of the plug bay.
My $0.02 worth...
Are you seeing any impact on battery life before and after?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela