Solo has hit best buy!!!

147-Aerial Imaging

Found out today select few Best Buy's have solo display cases and solos in stock! I will be going into the local best buy in am to purchase the only one the have in stock. I can honestly say I'm too excited to sleep and feels like Christmas eve all over again =)

Found out today select few Best Buy's have solo display cases and solos in stock! I will be going into the local best buy in am to purchase the only one the have in stock. I can honestly say I'm too excited to sleep and feels like Christmas eve all over again =)
Dont get too excited. You wont be able to purchase it till mid week !

some places you can and some places you can't
been there done that got the t shirt to prove it.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Yep that appeared to be the case. Follows the entire Solo story from launch to delivery. Misinformation and a different story every day. Glad some guys were able to get them. As I sit her and wait for mine which I ordered 2 months ago.

Picked one up today from BB in Tuscaloosa, AL. 2 hour round trip but excited. Got the free battery and purchased two sets of props as well!

Yep that appeared to be the case. Follows the entire Solo story from launch to delivery. Misinformation and a different story every day. Glad some guys were able to get them. As I sit her and wait for mine which I ordered 2 months ago.
I would bet that these dealers with all these preorders are plenty hot about the Solo going to a big box store before going to them. Hope they gave 3DR an ear full too. They lost some business with that snafu. I'm happy these people got them but I don't think that was the way it was supposed to work.

I would bet that these dealers with all these preorders are plenty hot about the Solo going to a big box store before going to them. Hope they gave 3DR an ear full too. They lost some business with that snafu. I'm happy these people got them but I don't think that was the way it was supposed to work.
I would bet they are. I preordered from B&H on May 18th. Two weeks ago they told me it would be available on the 15th. I called them today and the rep told me they will be shipping on the 29th. So needless to say I was bummed. On the way home from work today I decided to stop by BB just to see if they had any in stock and they did so I bought the last one they had. I would have waited but have a trip planned that I really want to use the solo on.

I posted this elsewhere, but it may be useful in this thread. How to (maybe) get $100 off your Solo at Best Buy:

Get your 10% off Best Buy coupon: Go to https://www.usps.com/ and on the left hand side, click on "Change of Address". Go through the change. (Forward to your family for a week?) Make sure you give a valid email and they will email you the Best Buy 10% off coupon.

Note the coupon WILL NOT work under normal circumstances because the Solo is a UMRP product. (See terms below.) I was not able to get the manager (in San Marcos, CA) to accept the coupon, she said they'd be fined $20k if they got busted for discounting a UMRP product, BUT others have been successful into talking them into it, or trying to show a receipt where someone has done it and asked for a price match. Mine wouldn't budge, but I went back the next day, talked to customer service, and they gave me the 10% back!

Coupon details:

"Offer valid in store only. Excludes Unilateral Minimum Resale Price (UMRP) products, gift cards, services (both in store and in home), Marketplace & special order items. Not valid on BestBuy.com. Visit BestBuy.com/newhomecoupon2 for a complete list of exclusions."

Hope this helps!
smile.gif

Here's a crummy pic of the BB display - there's a Solo flight sim you can play around with - videos to watch - and nothing on the shelf to buy.

Attachments

• IMG_2348.JPG
    IMG_2348.JPG
    951.2 KB · Views: 12
when i went to bb to pick up my solo it was out in the back room.
they knew i was coming after it.
190 mile trip to get it but i got it.
only thing they had under the display was a couple of boxes of props and a battery.
sales man said they had two of the solo and i had bought the first one they had.
other one was in the back room.

only thing they had under the display was a couple of boxes of props and a battery.
sales man said they had two of the solo and i had bought the first one they had.
I would have been hard pressed not to buy both

Yep, same at my Best Buy. They had two in the back, I bought one. One left for some lucky camper.

Just checked Frys and some stores show they are in stock...In store pickup only
Limit, 1 per household. That's all I need.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela