Solo, GoPro & Gimbal...Check! Connection to GoPro...Not so much....

I received an email today stating Full compatibility with Hero 3+ black or silver. And wouldn't you know it there was an update from GoPro for the 3+ Silver this morning. Now it is version 3.02

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Can I ask a stupid question? Are any of you able to change the gopro settings from inside the app yet? I have been unable to and support says its not available yet, but I just assumed I would see some more grumbling about it. I have a hero 4 silver and can only start and stop footage.

Can I ask a stupid question? Are any of you able to change the gopro settings from inside the app yet? I have been unable to and support says its not available yet, but I just assumed I would see some more grumbling about it. I have a hero 4 silver and can only start and stop footage.

That functionality has been delayed. Apparently because of last minute GoPro changes that they did not make 3DR aware of. So minimal control at this point.

Ah, sounds like a great partnership they have there. I wonder is that is a sign that everytime GoPro does an update it will break functionality?

Has 3DR given a time frame?

I received an email today stating Full compatibility with Hero 3+ black or silver. And wouldn't you know it there was an update from GoPro for the 3+ Silver this morning. Now it is version 3.02

Who did you receive this e-mail from ? The release notes for v3.02 don't say much...

Who did you receive this e-mail from ? The release notes for v3.02 don't say much...
Adrian. (3drobotics)

Sep 3, 1:30 AM

Hello Dion Dube,

Thank you for contacting 3DRobotics technical support, full compatibility will be with GoPro HERO3+ and 4, regardless if they are silver or black, HERO3 being compatible with video and stabilization only.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with.

Regards,

Adrian.
3DR Technical Support
Mon-Sun 8am-5pm PST
Sat-Sun 9am-2pm PST
(858)225-1414
(855) 982-2898

OK - thanks. I was curious since I had received a different response two days ago:

Ivan (3drobotics)

Sep 1, 4:18 PM

Hello, Steven.

I hope you are doing great!

Unfortunately, you are right, the Gimbal does not support the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver, only the GoPro Hero 3+ Black and later versions.

Regards,

Ivan.
Customer Advocate
3D Robotics
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
Sat-Sun 9am-2pm PST
(858)225-1414(855) 982-2898

Does anyone have a Hero 3+ silver and a gimbal to test with? I still don't have my gimbal so I cannot confirm. I am hopeful it will work as the response from 3dr lined up with a new firmware rev from GoPro.

FYI. REI HAD HERO 4 black on sale through their labor day sale. $100 off and a good % off accessories

Uh doh, The remote is 2.4Ghz Wifi dont use it with SOLO big no no.

UPDATE:: I went ahead and grabbed another GoPro Hero 4 that I have and did the software update to it. I have 2 Hero 4 Silvers and 1 Hero 4 Black. Plugged it in the Solo and it began to work. Though at times the app kept telling me to check the HDMI connection. Ignoring it i took it up to fly and all was good. I was able to start and stop recording using the remote and the app. So all is good there. With that said i still could not get far at all. I don't remember the distances i was able to achieve exactly but definitely less than a quarter mile. Far less. I honestly do not thing this is an Apple thing. I just can't see the app being the cause for all of this. I am sure its the remote telling the app that it can't communicate with the Solo. Not the other way around. Going to take the Solo somewhere completely different tomorrow and see what happens. The place I'm going tomorrow i recently took my P3 and got almost 3.5 miles out on stock hardware.

I have Solo + Gimbal with the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver with lastest GoPro firmware :
HERO3+ Silver Edition v03.02 | September 2, 2015

But i have this error message : the gopro requires a firmware update to work with solo

Best regards,
Ben

I have Solo + Gimbal with the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver with lastest GoPro firmware :
HERO3+ Silver Edition v03.02 | September 2, 2015

But i have this error message : the gopro requires a firmware update to work with solo

Best regards,
Ben
That's not what I wanted to hear. Have you contacted 3dr about this?

On iOs App i saw that the only Gopro supported are Hero 3 Black and Hero 4 Black

They have always stated this.

Maybe I am misunderstanding. Are you saying from the very beginning that 3dr said that the Hero3+ Silver would not work. If so that is odd as the box the Gimbal comes in says Hero3+ works.
I never saw anything in an advertisement that stated different. Right now I am sitting here win No Way to fly. I am just waiting a little while to see what happens.

Hey - you can still use the Hero3+ silver, you just can't control it...

I have the silver and the gimbal and I can not get it to work. I tried to get TECH support to tell me of the "limited" ability to operate so I could try it and they did nt respond.

This is an "epic" let down in customer service. (just my opinion) Seeing no public announcement about this speaks volumes.

It was my understanding (if I remember correctly) that full support with Hero 3+ Black and all Hero 4. Hero 3+ Silver had limited functionality and no camera control.

Because of this when I ordered in April I looked at 3+ Black and Hero 4 only as they told us the 3+ Silver would not give us full functionality.

Reactions: George Kenner
Recently updated my Hero3+ Silver from firmware version 2.0 to 3.02. On version 2.0 I got the "gopro requires firmware update" message but I just hit dismiss and it still streamed video to my iPhone app. When I updated to version 3.02, I still get the firmware update message but now I don't get any video feed.

I updated to 3.02 also and I have the same problem... It again prompts me to update the GoPro and then the screen tells me the Go Pro Camera versions that will work... the Hero 3+ Silver is not included.

Tried a few more things.

Started solo with GoPro on - no feed
Started solo with GoPro off - no feed
Started solo while GoPro recording - video feed for a short while then stopped

During all cases the GoPro crashed - had to remove and reinstall battery for the camera to be responsive again.

I noticed during the the 3rd try that the GoPro continued to record until I hit the "Fly" button in the app, after which the GoPro stopped recording and froze.

I'm going to try and downgrade my GoPro firmware back to version 2.0

Downgraded my GoPro firmware to version 2.0 and I get a video feed again without crashing the GoPro. I get the "update firmware version" message but just hit dismiss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421