Solo Gimbal Video

Thanks Steve, There was no post editing done for "stabilization". Only color grading and fade in/out.

this one very nice too i saw on youtube maybe the owner of this member of this forums
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
While on vacation in the area, my wife and I were about 180 miles north of the San Francisco bay area and saw a sign for the "Drive-Thru Tree." I have heard about this tree since I was a kid. That was it; had to go! And it was great! For $5 we got into the park and we drove the rental van through the tree (no problems at all) and then headed for the gift shop. While there, I overheard the manager telling another customer that it was privately owned. As a hobby drone operator, I'm very sensitive to the fact that we cannot operate drones inside a national or state park, however, private land is no problem if you get permission. When I talked with the manager, they said, "sure, no problem." Since I just "happened" to bring my 3DR Solo, I beat feet out to the van and set up. I don't think they would have had a problem with me getting closer but I wanted to keep an extreme distance between the drone and anybody in the area so I chose to launch well behind the gift shop in an open field and peer over the gift shop at the tree I had seen pictures of in the sixties as a kid. This was a great trip and a great experience. If you are in the area, you will not be disappointed; come on! It's a TREE you can Drive Through! By the way, while on our trip we visited two other drive through trees and this one beat the others by a long shot. If you only see one, this one is it. Kudos to the Underwood family for doing such a great job with this tree and their land as a whole making it a great family vacation spot.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice. I think I would have been tempted to fly through it though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000