Solo gimbal tilted

Reaction score
I've had this drone since December and have absolutely loved it, it is also my first drone. Two flights ago when I landed it, it flipped forward upside down, it still flies fine, but the gimbal sometimes is straight and sometimes slightly tilted sideways. Is this just a calibration problem or do I need a new gimbal?

Is this just a calibration problem or do I need a new gimbal?
Maybe a calibration issue, wouldn't hurt to try. Have you taken the gimbal off Solo since the crash to inspect? There are a number of reason why this is happening, bent arm, failing motor, dirt, damaged ribbon cable, loose data cable and so on..... If you're not inclined to troubleshoot and repair, then a new gimbal may be the correct solution. I do an inspection by disassembling and a reinstall at the least.

Mine always has a 2 deg lean. It won't go away. I have it perfectly balanced as well and have done numerous cals.

I've had this drone since December and have absolutely loved it, it is also my first drone. Two flights ago when I landed it, it flipped forward upside down, it still flies fine, but the gimbal sometimes is straight and sometimes slightly tilted sideways. Is this just a calibration problem or do I need a new gimbal?
You can get a new gimbal from amazon for $59,worth getting a spare.

Honestly the gimbal is fairly sturdy and can take quite a bit of abuse. Normal procedure for me is to warm up the gimbal motors by throwing the right stick fairly aggressively side to side and then forward to back, basically an in place flight of movements. It attempts to swing the gimbal through its full motion on the roll and pitch motors.

I started this procedure when I was doing all kinds of mods to the gimbal. It would help to settle in all the parts and pieces of the mod prior to eval. Just became a habit that seemed logical to continue, warming up the gimbal.

Worth a try....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo