Solo Gimbal not found

Reaction score
Had an encounter with a palm frond at 3 meters above ground. Solo crashed Lost 2 rotors. Replaced rotors. Solo flies great but we have no control of the gimbal. GoPro 4 works fine, etc. Any ideas ?

When attempts are made to control the gimbal from the controller, yellow message window opens up
"Solo gimbal not found" Removed gimbal all wires were good, gimbal centered, during flight the GoPro rests at a 45 deg angle, records video fine...

Hank,
Any luck yet?
This is my most recent adventure
Video feed gone

My gimbal right after crash was acting like a road kill rabbit, flopping around after a car hit it.
Thanks for the update, one of my daughters is a senior studying computer science at Texas A&M Corpus. She and her team work at iCore on campus they specialize in UAV's. They are studying Solo now. I forwarded your update to them. We'll see what the team can do. They have a working Solo at the lab and their first plan is to attach their gimbal and evaluate. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

I have the same problem, crashed the Solo because I pressed "home" while it was under wires (I could slap myself), so it lifted straight into them, lost the rotors, and crashed, bent the gimbal a bit, cracked some plastic when it hit the ground, but camera is fine. I just did a test flight, all the flight controls work fine, I can see the camera feed on iPhone but camera won't charge and it won't record from either phone monitor screen or by pushing the gimbal control. Also the message "Solo gimbal not found" and no gimbal control available. I'll try to open it again remove and reconnect ribbon connector cable; all feedback appreciated.

I have the same problem, crashed the Solo because I pressed "home" while it was under wires (I could slap myself), so it lifted straight into them, lost the rotors, and crashed, bent the gimbal a bit, cracked some plastic when it hit the ground, but camera is fine. I just did a test flight, all the flight controls work fine, I can see the camera feed on iPhone but camera won't charge and it won't record from either phone monitor screen or by pushing the gimbal control. Also the message "Solo gimbal not found" and no gimbal control available. I'll try to open it again remove and reconnect ribbon connector cable; all feedback appreciated.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea