Solo gimbal bay cover with out any mount

Reaction score
I'm looking for a gimbal bay cover with no mount or holes. My plans are to attach a gopro mount for a different camera.

That camera uses a gopro mount doesn't it? Have you considered just using the oem 3dr static mount? I'm going to look up that camera model I could probably 3d print you something.

That camera uses a gopro mount doesn't it? Have you considered just using the oem 3dr static mount? I'm going to look up that camera model I could probably 3d print you something.
No I had to customize a mount for it to work. The mounts that came with the camera are junk an stripped out the plastic threads in the bottom. I ended up losing the camera one day while riding my dirtbike because of it. So I took a mount with a larger bolt and used some apoxy. Then I trimmed one of the ribs off to fit a gopro mount. Its held up so far...

Attachments

• 1489378409962-50197439.jpg
    1489378409962-50197439.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 33
If you can make a cover with no holes that will mount where the gimbal does. That would be great. Let me know what you can do an we will discuss it further

Yeah I have a design for a cover with no holes it looks oem. I'll try to print it between shifts this week and take some pics, worse case scenario I'll have to print it this weekend.

I saw that picture with the static mount but I was referring to the one that comes with the solo without gimbal. Couldn't you just use that and put your camera where the gopro is meant to be?

Hey sorry for taking so long to reply. I do not have another cover the only one I have is connected to the gimble which came with my 3dr.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40