Solo & Gear FS

Reaction score
Solo (a good many flawless flights on 1 battery)
Original 6 props (one has a blemish on one end where I bumped a pole - my fault)
Original battery
FPVLR Antennae
3 ND lenses +case (fits in backpack)
Solo backpack
Gimbal and free battery arrives Wed and will be included unopened.
Battery charger
Controller charger

$1725 invested, asking $1200.

Oh - flawless means no flyaways, landed perfectly in GPS or Fly mode EVERY time, no crashes.

With the extra battery not offered now your over 2000 with tax or shipping costs, beside it being proven to be one of them that's issue free. Good luck I'd assume this won't last long

I'm sorry for your lost (of interest) Acroduster, I feel your pain. I first caught the multicopter bug from YouTube. I saw the video of the new Apple facility from the air taken by the multicopter. I thought man that is so cool, I want to do that! Then I forgot about it. I was in Fry's Electronics I saw the video playing 3DR IRIS+ I watched intently, then I purchased it.

Of course with all of the accessories, I learned how to fly it, then came the updates and crashes. I lost one of the LEDs. I want to fly so bad I replaced the arm, but I couldn't fix the LED. There were no replacement parts available anywhere. You had to send it back to 3DR, what? That's when I knew something wasn't right, and I did like the fact, that I have to buy a solider iron.

Now I had to reinstall the operating system and updates, I don't know today if the updates were done correctly. I could not get the LED fixed I kinda gave up. So I purchased another IRIS+ the display. The Fry's manager assured me that it had never been flown, I make the purchase walk out the store the sunlight hits the copter there is no box it a display.

I see the propellers have been chipped, someone tried to fly it inside the store. He took $20 off, I paid $597.00 for it, the Solo was not out yet. The first IRIS+ they robbed me! I'm the kind of guy that believes in his team win or lose, yes. I have no Solo with GoPro Hero 4 Sliver in the bottom of the San Francisco bay, one that crashed in Arco Mode, one IRIS+ that want arm, and another that kinda flies, both with three LEDs each.

Are you doing the math, plus a IRIS+ GPC case with wheels and a Solo GPC case and all the accessories for both. I feel like I threw away $7000.00, a lady pointed a gun at the multi-copter then me and this couple that was asking me questions about Solo. Yes, I did report her to the police and they spoke with her. I just wanted them to let her know this is not legal or proper behavior.

At some point you have to accept your losses and move on, I'm on the fence. This 3 axis gimbal performance is unacceptable. The 2 axis gimbal on my IRIS+ worked better! I am just tired of troubleshooting them all, I just want the damn things to fly consistently and do what I paid for!

I was past the 30 and 90 day points, that why I still have them.

Almost forgot: you get a Dubro prop balancer with the Solo compatible adaptor.

My deal is that I am a hobbyist, but this was really an expensive toy that I just can't in good conscience keep. I'll take somewhat of a bath for what I'm asking, but I did get a few months of enjoyment out of it. I'll pass the fun on to someone else.

And no, as much as I would like to, I have not flown it with the gimbal yet. As I stated in the post, my shipping notice said it would be in Wednesday and I thought I'd have a better chance of selling it if it was unopened. I also did not need any other temptation to keep the whole thing.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this forum and I've learned a bunch from it.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
OK - gimbal is in! I have not opened it, but there is a massive temptation to do so. Somebody please get this thing off my hands...

Well crap. My will power only lasted two days and I opened the darn gimbal. Got a nice flight out of it, talked to the wifey, and decided to keep the thing. It's officially off the market.

Your loss for not picking it up while I still had will power. It flies like a champ:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Ha ha so the boss let ya keep it glad to hear it and glad nobody bit on the deal you offered.

This is proly the worst place to post it though, I'd assume most everybody here has one already, or was that the plan. Sorry honey I've had it posted for a week it just won't sell on the forum where everybody already owns one, I don't understand it.lol

Too funny. I'm sure you're happy that you didn't get rid of it. As you can see I am new to this forum and to flying. That being said, I have a 3DR Solo and gimbal with a GoPro Hero 4 silver. Running with a dedicated Galaxy Tab A. All seems to be working well, but I'm still testing the waters.

Very cool vid Acro! Nice job!! Love the way the folks drive their cars in reverse in Baton Rouge,,,just kidding. Gives me a few ideas for some subject matter. Have fun.

Yeah, after putting in that last shot, I decided that a pull-out shot would look better and reversed it. The people in BR like to walk backwards as well...

Well crap. My will power only lasted two days and I opened the darn gimbal. Got a nice flight out of it, talked to the wifey, and decided to keep the thing. It's officially off the market.

Your loss for not picking it up while I still had will power. It flies like a champ:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If you ever do decide to sell the Iris+, please let me know. I have one and another one on the way to me as we speak, but as I really enjoy it, I want even more. I learned the hard way on programming it and repairing it. My wife will kill me if she sees another one so I'm taking a chance....

Yay! Soo glad to see a "I'm getting out!" post, then a "They pulled me back in!" comment inside the posting!

I kinda figured it would happen if you ever put the gimbal on the Solo. It's sooooo damn smooth and rock solid!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000