Solo flipped on back, now won't start

Reaction score
Website
edbeckphotography.com
I had a bad landing yesterday and my Solo flipped on its back, it finally stopped after maybe a minute of my trying to find the power button to turn it off.

Now it won't start. The white lights on the lightbar flash out and in, then turn off.

Any suggestions?

I had a bad landing yesterday and my Solo flipped on its back, it finally stopped after maybe a minute of my trying to find the power button to turn it off.

Now it won't start. The white lights on the lightbar flash out and in, then turn off.

Any suggestions?

That sucks as the new firmware/App update released today would have prevented this. Do the LED's match any of these LED meanings @ http://3drobotics.com/kb/solo-led-meanings/

Probably bad ESC/motor.

The troubleshooting process is on here somewhere. It involves unhooking one at a time and turning it on.

Practice and memorize: Emergency stop throttle down and hard left held there for 10 seconds will disarm the motors.
I had a flip over on take off and this saved my pods

The opposite throttle down and right will arm the solo same as if you had pressed the FLY button .

A-B and Pause has always worked good for me.

Ed, I bet you will find you have a bad ESC/motor. Probably find everything else to be OK.

As Rich stated you have one or more bad motor pods. The MOSFETS on the ESCs of the solo motor pods blow quickly.

Could have used the recent firmware update which is supposed to cut motors if the Solo is on the ground and upside down for more than 2 seconds.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Could have used the recent firmware update which is supposed to cut motors if the Solo is on the ground and upside down for more than 2 seconds.
I updated the firmware after Solo came up today.

Is there any data on the mean time between failure for the motors? If these have a habit of failing I probably want a couple spares in my kit.

3DR recommends changing motors every 150 hours. It really puts those ESC's under stress when the motors get in a bind, not so much the motors.
My P2 blew an ESC after it tipped on landing and I had the throttle in cut off. Those DJI esc's are much more sensitive.

My P2 blew an ESC after it tipped on landing and I had the throttle in cut off. Those DJI esc's are much more sensitive.

I would have guessed the opposite. LOL I had a V+ stalled in grass for over 30 minutes and it was hot but no damage. The Solos seem to burn out with a short stall.

I was thinking that was the only thing that help up better on a Phantom :oops:

Where is 3DRs spec for 150 hours? I missed that. Seems excessive for a brushless motor That would man I would have to swap motors every 2 years with what I fly. Need an hour meter!

I would have guessed the opposite. LOL I had a V+ stalled in grass for over 30 minutes and it was hot but no damage. The Solos seem to burn out with a short stall.

I was thinking that was the only thing that help up better on a Phantom :oops:

Where is 3DRs spec for 150 hours? I missed that. Seems excessive for a brushless motor That would man I would have to swap motors every 2 years with what I fly. Need an hour meter!
Yeah, ticked me off. When I saw the P2 tipping I put the stick in cut off. As soon as the props hit the dirt they stopped. I walked up to it and noticed it was completely powered off. I had to pull the battery out and put it back in and even after that it would not power back up.

I eventually got it powered and did CSC to start motors and POOF....had a big puff of smoke from the right front arm. I am glad at least it did it on the ground. I replaced the ESC which was obviously burn't and the motor as well, just in case. Been flying good ever since though.

In the Solo manual on motor replacement it recommends 150 hour replacement. But, how do you know how many hours you have on a motor? Need a hobbs meter.

I bet there is something in the Pixhawk that shows total time from logs !

Be a nice add for software. Trip hours/total hours

I bet there is something in the Pixhawk that shows total time from logs !

Be a nice add for software. Trip hours/total hours

may seem like a pain in the bit some times but it's incredibly nice to have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc