Solo flipped itself durning return to home

Reaction score
Logs sent to 3dr.... loosing confidence in flying my solo :(.

Come in for a battery swap, push my return to home button. I was landing in a parking lot for a flat, level, and clear surface to avoid this....
It lands and then flips itself braking two props. Gimbal was limp, but after taking it home and powering it up it appears fine now.

I also noticed that when it flipped it self, the motors did not turn off. I thought the new update was suppose to shut the motors down in the event of a flip?

Anyone else have their solo flip during a return to home?

Logs sent to 3dr.... loosing confidence in flying my solo :(.

Come in for a battery swap, push my return to home button. I was landing in a parking lot for a flat, level, and clear surface to avoid this....
It lands and then flips itself braking two props. Gimbal was limp, but after taking it home and powering it up it appears fine now.

I also noticed that when it flipped it self, the motors did not turn off. I thought the new update was suppose to shut the motors down in the event of a flip?

Anyone else have their solo flip during a return to home?

I had that happen to me once a while ago..( ghost flip ) it happen on the grass and my motors shut down.. Had no damage!
I don't know what caused it.. I'm just assuming GPS Glitch?
But I just went home and did a level and compass calibration and it never happen again.. So far!

Reactions: dukes
I had that happen to me once a while ago..( ghost flip ) it happen on the grass and my motors shut down.. Had no damage!
I don't know what caused it.. I'm just assuming GPS Glitch?
But I just went home and did a level and compass calibration and it never happen again.. So far!

I'll make sure to do a fresh compass calibration. It appears limited to just two broken props as of now, gimbal appears good to go and solo still flies well. All these GPS issues as of late make me nervous to fly solo :(. Can't wait for my M8N to come in, hopefully this will improve and eliminate my gps issues. Hopefully 3dr will send me new props at least.... these props are expensive!

Last edited:
You won't be seeing the M8N come in, it's just as capable of glitching as any ublox GPS and having a wide band antenna it's not best suited for internal installation.

You won't be seeing the M8N come in, it's just as capable of glitching as any ublox GPS and having a wide band antenna it's not best suited for internal installation.
Huh? Sure will, I ordered one already. Pretty displeased with SOLO's GPS thus far, so I am willing to try anything at this point.

I meant, the stock Solo's won't be coming with one. It doesn't stop you modding, just be aware the cheap Chinese M8N's likely won't be suitably filtered so ideally you'd have them on a mount rather than internal.

If I was to even consider using the M8N, I'd put a mount on the GPS cover on the Solo and have it external, e.g:

New GPS Folding Antenna Metal Mount Holder For Quadcopter Multicopter P5

Last edited:
Reactions: dukes
Well, 3dr has stated they are replacing all 4 of my broken propellers! Great news and excellent support from them! My RTH had me landing around 15ft from my take off location so I attempted to correct it which caused "Solo to have land detection issues".

Reactions: Ian [P13]
I had that happened to my Solo one time, really strange during an auto RTH that I performed in the exact same LZ/area many times before, why... I have no idea. That, along with the 6 total so called 'GPS lock' failure low-level fly-aways, I'm out 11 props. And yes, most of them were in OPEN area's.

I had that happen to me yesterday! just installed the gimbal head, went to land on the concrete and it bounced and flipped and didnt turn off...

Have not used RTH landings in months
I use RTH to get it back in the area, but always fly it home

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc