solo drifts away

Reaction score
hello friends
i got my 3dr solo 3 month ago, regulary i use it every week and sometimes ive a problem that last time caused to crash my drone! problem is that, with normal fly (with gps outdoor) sometimes drone goes away without any reason and i cant control it. the only solution in that time for me is to emergency landing...
my steps to fly the solo is this:
first i turn control on
then i put the solo on level and turn it on
after that when control is connected to solo i push the fly button it turns drone motors on and then take off...
am i missing something?
where i can learn basic steps to use solo drone to fly indoor and outdoor?

thanks in advance.

Welcome, miladnick. Make sure you are getting gps lock before taking off. You can take off without gps lock, but you will be flying manually, and Solo will drift with any breeze or wind, and also with forward momentum. There is a lot of useful information in the Solo owners manual. Download it and study it well. Also, I would not recommend even attempting flying indoors until you are very adept at flying outdoors, and are very good at flying manually. If you are having a drift problem after takeoff, and have a good gps lock, then do a compass calibration to see if that helps. Good luck, and safe flying.

When it seems to drift away, is the controller telling you that it lost GPS and has switched to "Fly Manual" mode?

Welcome, miladnick. Make sure you are getting gps lock before taking off. You can take off without gps lock, but you will be flying manually, and Solo will drift with any breeze or wind, and also with forward momentum. There is a lot of useful information in the Solo owners manual. Download it and study it well. Also, I would not recommend even attempting flying indoors until you are very adept at flying outdoors, and are very good at flying manually. If you are having a drift problem after takeoff, and have a good gps lock, then do a compass calibration to see if that helps. Good luck, and safe flying.
Thanks a lot. I didnt understand how to gps lock!
Here in its manual says *dont fly indoors* this means solo is not useful indoors and its dangerous?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170221-192814.png
    Screenshot_20170221-192814.png
    362.5 KB · Views: 14
When it seems to drift away, is the controller telling you that it lost GPS and has switched to "Fly Manual" mode?
No, when it drifts everything on controller is normal. Ive gps, wifi signal, drone has more than 50% charge...
And also when this happens drone doesnt accept controller command and i cant control it thats why i used emergency landing...

I have flown with a poor/tenuous GPS lock on my solo and it will drift. I was showing 9 satellites at the time on the controller display, but the GPS continuous fix was poor I think. This was in my somewhat large backyard which is shrouded by very tall trees. I moved to an open field and the problem went away.

Precision GPS fix is critical to holding position.

I laugh at my Solo, when flying under trees, etc. while on GPS. As the satellite reception comes and goes, Solo gets confused. It will hover nicely for a moment, and then it thinks it should be over there, instead of here, and off it goes, kinda like a lost puppy. If it gets too wild, I have button "A" set for manual, and a push of the button ends the confusion.

Reactions: D. Ozolin
Thanks a lot. I didnt understand how to gps lock!
Here in its manual says *dont fly indoors* this means solo is not useful indoors and its dangerous?
Solo can be flown indoors, but you had better know what you are doing. Flying in 100% manual control takes practice, and if Solo gets near any obstacles such as walls, beams, or ceiling, for example, it's flight characteristics will change due to the air changing around it. It is highly recommended to assign "Fly Manual" to your "A" or "B" button, and practice it a lot. It is not a matter of if you will need it, but when you will. Good luck to you.

Reactions: andrew.baker.142
thanks for your replies i appriciate it.
ive some questions about manual fly,
if i dont send any command to solo will it stay stable in air?
how about landing? how to land it without problem?

thanks for your replies i appriciate it.
ive some questions about manual fly,
if i dont send any command to solo will it stay stable in air?
how about landing? how to land it without problem?
You really need to download the manual and study it. These answers are in it. In manual, Solo maintains altitude, but drifts with the wind or forward momentum when you release both sticks. So you will have to adjust for drift. Most of us prefer to land manually rather than auto landing. That way we can be ready in case of a problem. I hope this helps, and please read the manual. Good luck.

You really need to download the manual and study it. These answers are in it. In manual, Solo maintains altitude, but drifts with the wind or forward momentum when you release both sticks. So you will have to adjust for drift. Most of us prefer to land manually rather than auto landing. That way we can be ready in case of a problem. I hope this helps, and please read the manual. Good luck.
Thanks a lot, and yes ive started to study it.

After three months of ownership you have just now started to study the manual of your flying lawnmower!

What could possibly have gone wrong?
I didnt read the manual at first, in fact i watched beginners videos on YouTube and also in solo flight school. And now yes I guess I should read the it perhaps I'll find some useful data in it, after that possibly I'll make topics here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea