Solo Crash: Didn't shut off

Reaction score
A couple days ago I crahed my 3dr solo. However when it crashed it did not shut off and kept spinning. I had to run over and wrestle with it to turn it off so it wouldn't hurt anyone (I had to physically remove the battery). I got numerous scratches and it could have seriously hurt someone why would the drone not shut off when it crashed. Right after it hit the house said I lost GPS signal. However I still has a picture streaming to my phone. When I went over to stop it, it lost he picture. Because it didn't stop when it crashed, the spinning and flailing around caused the HDMI port on my gimbal to brake off. I know it wasn't the crash that broke it because I still had a picture after the initial crash. It wasn't until after it has been spinning for 30 seconds that I lost the picture. I contacted support weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. Do you think they will replace my gimbal.

I contacted support weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. Do you think they will replace my gimbal.

Um, well did you call them or contact them again, now, weeks later, to ask them whats going on with your support claim?

i opened a case online and had immediate response. mike@3dr has been pretty awesome. he replies about every day....

btw grab a new gimbal for $35 from best buy and keep on flying. use your amex and if it crashes again, you'll get another one for free :)

If the crash itself was due to a solo malfunction, they will replace it. if the cause of the crash was your user error, which it sounds like it most likely was, no they will not be replacing it for you.

Just remember you can always hit a + b + pause to quickly kill your motors

Reactions: Coastwise

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000