Solo Controller Not Matching Batteries

Reaction score
So the last few times I've been flying my SOLO, i'll be out and about for no more than 5-8 minutes and my battery status on my controller drops from 80% to either 10% or 0% which causes me to freak and get the Drone back ASAP. Upon return the battery still reads 4-5 lights (40-50%). I have 3 batteries and this has happened with each one. Just yesterday I was trying to position myself for a nice photograph and couldn't keep SOLO steady - connected to over 16 Sat's, then i look down and see battery at 10% and it trying to return home, no more than 5 minutes in the air. Only to return home and again see the battery at 5 dots. I turn the controller and solo off and restart, and it still reads 10% on the controller so it won't fly, but 5 LED's on the battery. I swap batteries and same thing.
Any clue what can be causing this miscommunication between the SOLO and the controller?? I've ruled out the battery, seeing as this just happened with a brand new battery purchased no more than a month ago, and every other battery.
I always store batteries at 50%. I only charge to 100% a day before i plan to fly. I only own a Mac and don't know if there is software to read the t-logs or if that would even help.

On a separate note, i've had 2 crashed while landing not more than 5 ft from the ground destroying props and scuffing the hell out of SOLO - all due to lack of response from my controller - upside down motors going a million miles an hour and it wont pause, emergency shut down, or power off - had to grab it by a leg and hold it level. Provided logs to 3DR, and slooooooow response time... as expected. Told me what i already knew with no solution yet.

Any help or way i can better diagnose this battery/controller issue???

I'm sure your batteries are fine. I remember another post with a similar issue had a pretty easy solution.
Try a quick search in these forums. Might just require a parameter reset

I'm sure your batteries are fine. I remember another post with a similar issue had a pretty easy solution.
Try a quick search in these forums. Might just require a parameter reset
All I found was using tower to reset parameters. So that's what I did. Going to give it a shot today see if it helped.. thanks

No fix. Started at 98% got 3000' out and all of a sudden dropped to 10%. It will still continue to fly for the fill life of the battery - got 15 minutes out of the flight but controller and app went from 10 to 1% and back to 10. I don't get what the problem is.
Definitely not the batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc