Solo Controller Diversity?? Antenna Talk.

Reaction score
Sup Dudes and Dudettes.

So my pre-Solo flying things are FPV birds running 433 RC and 2.4 video. That said, I have a bunch of 2.4 CP and LP antennas, Omni and directional. One in particular that I want to try out with Solo.

So the question is basically an antenna upgrade question.

I have seen all the antenna upgrades out there are sticking the same antenna on both RP-SMA connectors on the Controller. However, one duder had killer range/results in a wide open area with one Alpha and one stock antenna. This leads to questioning - are the antennas/RF ports on Solo controller transmit and receive respectively? Or are there two separate transceivers, operating on a diversity control (switching to which ever has the strongest signal)?

If it is the later, I'm in a stick a rad CP antenna (13db, 180deg beam width, directional) on one port, while leaving the stock linear whip on the other.

Replies will be appreciated.

Sup Dudes and Dudettes.

So my pre-Solo flying things are FPV birds running 433 RC and 2.4 video. That said, I have a bunch of 2.4 CP and LP antennas, Omni and directional. One in particular that I want to try out with Solo.

I have seen all the antenna upgrades out there are sticking the same antenna on both RP-SMA connectors on the Controller. However, one duder had killer range/results in a wide open area with one Alpha and one stock antenna. This leads to questioning - are the antennas/RF ports on Solo controller transmit and receive respectively? Or are there two separate transceivers, operating on a diversity control (switching to which ever has the strongest signal)?

If it is the later, I'm in a stick a rad CP antenna (13db, 180deg beam width, directional) on one port, while leaving the stock linear whip on the other.

I think if is to do with directional Alfa and the panoramic of the standard.

I tried with the one of each then with 2 alfas and I fly with 2 alfas all the time now.

Just preference.

Keep flying safe everyone:)

This leads to questioning - are the antennas/RF ports on Solo controller transmit and receive respectively? Or are there two separate transceivers, operating on a diversity control (switching to which ever has the strongest signal)?

Neither. It's WiFi-N. Which means MiMo, not diversity. Both antennas are used for simultaneous transmit and receive. And both need to the be the same for MiMo to work properly. Using two different antennas will compromise the bandwidth.

Sup Dudes and Dudettes.

The Solo WiFi link is MiMo based technology/ So it's using them both simultaneously. Best to stay consistent with both antennas.

ETA: Sory Pedals, we were typing at the same time..:)

Will argtec antennas the panels fit the stock area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to switch to better ones to. It looks like I can upgrade to what ever as long as they stay the same?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44