Solo Controller Crash?

Reaction score
In preparation for today's flight, I charged up the controller and several batteries. Confirmed check this morning; all were topped off.

Get to the site, do pre-flight check and calibration (new location for me) and launch solo. First thing I notice is the gimbal is limp, so I bring it back down and restart Solo. I turn my GoPro Hero 4 Black back on and go to relaunch Solo. I press to start props, good to go. I press to fly. Solo powers down. Huh? I press "Fly" and the green gauge extends, but no prop start up.

Then, the screen goes black and the brake button starts flashing. I took out the battery and put it back in, rebooted, plugged it into power. Nothing - except a subtle strobing on the screen. After about ten minutes, I see that "Waiting For Solo" has appeared on the screen. Just powered it down and powered it back up. "Waiting
For Solo."

Truthfully, I'm scared to take it up now. I've searched the forums here but haven't found any scenarios like it. Any advice? Should I grab the controller from my second Solo and use that? Thanks for any help.

sounds like another case of iMX6 be trippin' unless your buttons are sticky.

I would unplug the controller battery and then give it another go tomorrow.

it may just have needed a reboot or it could be the prelude to something worse. Read your manual, know your kill switches. watch all the videos.

Reactions: Dulcimer Drone
sounds like another case of iMX6 be trippin' unless your buttons are sticky.

I would unplug the controller battery and then give it another go tomorrow.

it may just have needed a reboot or it could be the prelude to something worse. Read your manual, know your kill switches. watch all the videos.

Thanks for your reply - I took it back up shortly after I posted and went through a couple of batteries; no issues whatsoever. A little unnerving. Am I correct in assuming that Solo would initiate RTH in the event of a controller crash?

Thanks for your reply - I took it back up shortly after I posted and went through a couple of batteries; no issues whatsoever. A little unnerving. Am I correct in assuming that Solo would initiate RTH in the event of a controller crash?
If it detects that it has lost contact with the controller, yes. But if the nature of the crash is such that it still sees a connection, it won't. But I've never heard of that happening.

Reactions: Dulcimer Drone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela