Solo compass cal. vs. DJI Phantom Cal. Proceedure

Reaction score
Wanted to get some technical feedback from folks in the know. The Solo compass cal procedure is a bit clunky and cumbersome for me. I've done it at least tree times, took a bit to sort out and I'm still not 100% comfortable with the method. I know the compass sensor is in the one leg.

DJI does their cal. differently, you hold the UAV by the legs out at arms length and pivot in a circle, then hold it 90 deg. (the Solo batt would be perpendicular to the earth) and pivot in a circle.

My truck compass cal. requires you to drive in a circle.

I'm curious to hear from those of you who are involved at the hardware level in UAV design, how the compass configuration on the Solo differs from DJI's compass configuration and whether or not a different calibration technique i.e. DJI's would be just as effective as the one 3DR has you use.

Likewise how critical the flipping of the Solo is to ensure an accurate calibration. I get a successful calibration message but I know I'm far from perfect in my flipping technique.

Just wanted to Bump this one up.... wouldn't mind seeing an answer to this myself... always thought the CC on Solo was real cumbersome and clunky

It can be done a lot easier than what the app shows. Think of an eight laying on it's side in front of you. Move Solo with your wrist and arm tracing the 8 a few times. The invert Solo and do it a few more times. Done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo