Solo Color Change and Landing Pad

Reaction score
Maddog's superb multi-color landing pad with his "orange" solo prompted me to make similar changes to my solo. Here are a couple of photos of the result! Thanks to Maddog for his inspiration. Looks great in the air!

I used most of one 11 oz spray can of Performix Plasti Dip Red for the solo repaint. My "landing pad" is a photography lighting reflector with black on one side and silver on the other.

Reactions: Maddog and Ed Beck
Yowza, I've been using that pad for over a year after someone on this forum published a link.
Money well spent, even works in high grass, folds down to a little larger than a frisbee with zipper cover.

Thanks, Ed .... I love the "action" photos you took .... BTW, noting your missing LED cover, I discovered that you can "bend" the LED covers slightly to tighten them. I forgot to mask off the motor pod ids you left visible.

If anyone else has painted their solo, please consider posting a photo of it for others to admire!

I went the quick & easy route...
s-l1600.jpg

Here is the one I bought. Works great and I use it anytime I have to takeoff from a dirt area.
Doesn't the props lift it up when landing? I have some reflectors but never thought of using them because they are made of such lightweight material. I use a heavy quilt blanket to take off/land on the beach with all the sand. But I have to anchor it on all sides or the props suck it up.
-Kim

Doesn't the props lift it up when landing? I have some reflectors but never thought of using them because they are made of such lightweight material. I use a heavy quilt blanket to take off/land on the beach with all the sand. But I have to anchor it on all sides or the props suck it up.
-Kim
Hi Kim, I was worried about that when I ordered, but it has not lifted once. I had originally planned on adding a little weight to the handle area but it has not been needed.

The one in the link is a 5-in-1. Those have an outer reversible cover of black, white, gold and silver around a 1/4 stop diffuser. The outer covers are generally pretty sturdy since they have 4 distinct surfaces and because we're constantly folding and bending them.

Great idea - I was thinking of buying a landing pad and hey, saw this and now I can use my photographic reflector - as even with short ish grass I get a gamble warning sometimes. Thanks guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela