Solo app - switching between drones

Reaction score
I did a search but didn't find anything. I have two Solos (hopefully 3 soon). Do I need to do anything on the solo app on my iPhone to let it know which drone I am flying? In the event I ever need to report a problem or collect logs I just want to make sure I haven't missed something. Thanks and I appreciate the helpful hints in this forum.

I believe that is the main reason the app asks you to rename the wifi connection name for your Solo, when you first connect. My Samsung Galaxy tablet finds my Solo when I run the app, and connects all by itself.

The router and SSID is in the controller and you must use the controller that is paired with each specific bird. If you want to use one controller, it must be paired with the next/new Solo... not convenient.

ETA: Consider each Solo/controller pair to be a separate system.

^^ What she said. Also, the app on your phone/tablet doesn't care what solo/controller pair you connect to. However, the app only stores one serial number. So that will be a mis-match, but it is irrelevant to anything operational. I believe it sends it if you submit a support ticket via the app, but they always ask for the real serial number anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Reactions: MCSPDX
Can you just factory reset to the controler then use it for the new drone?

Can you just factory reset to the controler then use it for the new drone?
See my post #3, 2 posts above yours. You'll need to re-pair the controller to the new/next bird. If you factory reset, you will still have to likely re-pair AND then re-install all the software updates. Also, factory resets can lead to greater isues if improperly executed.. So says 3DR.

Thanks, big help. I ordered a second controler. I will use one for flight practice with old solo the other for filming with new solo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea