Solo app on iOS 10.3 not working

I wasn't aware of this issue & drove out 80 miles with a fellow drone buddy (his Mavic flew flawlessly) to catch the wildflowers. Total failure / embarrassment on my part resulted. The Solo worked great a month ago and assumed it would work since I didn't change a thing - the iOS update must have happened silently. (?)

At a minimum 3DR should have emailed users when they became aware of the problem and suggested blocking the update (somehow).

Why doesn't 3DR just open-source the generic-Solo code (keep SiteScan closed) so at least we can have a chance at self-support.

What a disappointment... Now I need to figure out how to discharge 4x full batteries - none of my chargers or dischargers work with these 'smart' batteries...

You don't need your phone or iPad to fly Solo. All you need is the controller.
If you need to see video, just run Mission Planner with gstreamer installed, and you can overlay the HUD data over the video stream.
Or just buy a cheap Android tablet.

I wasn't aware of this issue & drove out 80 miles with a fellow drone buddy (his Mavic flew flawlessly) to catch the wildflowers. Total failure / embarrassment on my part resulted. The Solo worked great a month ago and assumed it would work since I didn't change a thing - the iOS update must have happened silently. (?)

At a minimum 3DR should have emailed users when they became aware of the problem and suggested blocking the update (somehow).

Why doesn't 3DR just open-source the generic-Solo code (keep SiteScan closed) so at least we can have a chance at self-support.

What a disappointment... Now I need to figure out how to discharge 4x full batteries - none of my chargers or dischargers work with these 'smart' batteries...

Oh, and since 3DR doesn't allow users to register Solos anymore, it has no way to know all the user's email addresses.

Has anybody tried downgrading the signing window is still open.

I could not download prior versions of iOS . Still unable to work dron with iPad.
Just found out about not registering emails with 3DR too! Ugh Now I know why the drones were selling 75% off!

Let me know work around or if any info from 3DR .

Thanks

o_Oo_OI just had an online chat with support and this is their conversation with me..........

Roy Jones
Hi,
Updated iPhone to 10.3, 3DR app crashes every time I hit Fly Solo. Any suggestions?

Chat started
Please wait for an agent. There are 1 visitor(s) waiting to be served.
Owen joined the chat

Owen
Hi Roy
Thank you for contacting 3DR Technical Support.

Roy Jones
Hello

Owen
We already reported the issue to the developing team, as soon as we have a solution, we will release an update

Roy Jones
I don't suppose you have any idea of an ETA?

Owen
We calculate 3 to 4 weeks

Roy Jones
So basically you are saying that unless I fly blind or convert to android and use Solex then I'm grounded for 3 to 4 weeks??

Owen
We are working to get this solve the soon as possible

Roy Jones
wow, just wow

o_O
Its been 3-4 weeks

Is anyone having any issues with the app working on iOS 10.3? The app opens fine and I can connect to the wifi, both the controller and Solo. When I hit the FLY SOLO button the whole app crashes every time. This only happens when the controller and the Solo are both connected. I can access the FLY SOLO screen when only the controller is connected but as soon as the Solo joins, the app crashes. It also seems to have an issue with the Login screen. No matter what I try it tells me "Registration Failed".

I have also tried this with another iPhone on the same operating system with the same results.

Any help or insight into this would be awesome! Luckily I have Solex and it seems to be working just great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snap

Hey all, there has been an iOS update to the app that was released today. Hopefully we are all back in business!

Reactions: Jammey Dodger
Hey all, there has been an iOS update to the app that was released today. Hopefully we are all back in business!
Just received the update and all is well..... just hope the bird comes back home after tomorrow's planned flight!

J

I've noticed that zip line with camera lock is not working on my ipad mini 4 ios 10.3.1 and most recent 3dr app. Anybody has simmilar experience in this matter?

Reactions: Gmoney
I've noticed that zip line with camera lock is not working on my ipad mini 4 ios 10.3.1 and most recent 3dr app. Anybody has simmilar experience in this matter?

I did noticed it today so who can we fix this

I had a problem with my Go Pro and just got it replaced, so I was not following this issue. When I launched everything I could get all the controls to work but I have no visual feed to see what I am recording. I have removed and reinstalled the app but I still have the same issue. Any ideas?

to Georg Kenner. Your Problem has no relation to the posted one, since 3DR has released a fix for iOS10.3. Check the connection of the hdmi cable and gimbal. I did have the same problem with my very first solo though and by doing something awkward could fix the problem. I connected the GoPro to the GoPro wifi first with my iPhone and of course got a videofeed. Then I started my solo app and connected it with the solo .Miraculously, I suddenly had the video feed that I was trying to desperately get by other means ( no idea though why this worked since establishing a connection with the solo wifi forces the gopro wifi to be terminated) . With my new solo ( was exchanged by 3DR after crashing and sending in the log files- the best service I had ever experienced) getting no signal is solved by turning cam off and on again and restarting solo app.

Andreas: Thank you for the advise. I have tried that and still no video feed. I have all gimbal and app controls just lacking a video feed. 3DR is saying it is a faulty gimbal. I am trying to find a replacement HDMI cable for the Gimbal but I an not finding one. 3DR sent me to a repair shop here in San Diego but they want 60 dollars an hour to fix it and a new Gimbal is 80 bucks on their web site. So logic points to the fact that its better to buy a new one and get a year warranty. There is a Ca. Warrenty law about consumer electronics that in many cases gives buyers rights greater than the written warranty if you can not buy parts to fix something. 3DR looks like with the exception of their solo for Mapping, is bailing on Solo. They are not even selling from their site any longer. If anyone has any suggestions I am open to suggestions. I have the whole set up, backback extra batteries and all the goodies.

to Georg Kenner. Your Problem has no relation to the posted one, since 3DR has released a fix for iOS10.3. Check the connection of the hdmi cable and gimbal. I did have the same problem with my very first solo though and by doing something awkward could fix the problem. I connected the GoPro to the GoPro wifi first with my iPhone and of course got a videofeed. Then I started my solo app and connected it with the solo .Miraculously, I suddenly had the video feed that I was trying to desperately get by other means ( no idea though why this worked since establishing a connection with the solo wifi forces the gopro wifi to be terminated) . With my new solo ( was exchanged by 3DR after crashing and sending in the log files- the best service I had ever experienced) getting no signal is solved by turning cam off and on again and restarting solo app.

dear George, I did purchase a second solo when it's price deteriorated to an unbelievable 399€ ( reside in Germany) Gimbal included, 4 the sole purpose of using it as a spare part supply source. The price in the US was even lower than the one I got from what I overheard in some of this forums discussions.I"
It must be quite painful for the manufacturer, since to my knowledge the production costs of a solo with gimbal is well above 800$ US!
So my advice, search for second Solo or 2nd hand one, as a good # of tech freaks and people in need for an ultra compact solution were shifting to the DJI Mavic, (a beautiful, technological advanced and reliable drone ) and use this Solo exclusively 4 spareparts. Drones are sensitive high tech equipement and anybody acquiring one must calculate that some sort of failures or crashes are to happen! E.g. motorpods might fail when Solo, forced to land on a not perfectly horizontal plane due to some unforeseen situation, tends to tilt over and the motors cvontinue to rotate a few seconds before comming to a halt - thereby burning and leading to failure!

Memorizing the shortcut for turning of the engines manually and having spare pods around is the best thing one can do to prevent a non flighing status that might take months to fix.
While 3DR had a first class service and replaced my damaged motorpods, living in Europe entailed a 8-10 weeks waiting period which I personally find unacceptable long! So my advice , get another one and in that time send your non working gimbal to 3DR and in case they'll replace it with a functioning unit, either sell it then or keep it as emergency backup!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc