Solo app keeps disconnecting

Reaction score
hello solo ists

I'm new here and have had an awesome time with my solo

My first issues has come. My solo connects perfect with satellites but when I push the far left button on the app to go to live view it keeps disconnecting I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No luck

Any ideas. Thank you so much

Phil

Reactions: Gravity wolf
need more details
what app, what device, have you tried another device?
if this is IOS on the latest OS upgrade there are lots of reports of issues

need more details
what app, what device, have you tried another device?
if this is IOS on the latest OS upgrade there are lots of reports of issues

Ok it's the 3DR solo app. Looks lik an eye of a camera
I have the latest update installed

However I have not tried another device It was working great the other day but not sure how to trouble shoot this. The app connects and right when I push the far left button it boots me out of the app. Really weird

IOS or Android?
what version
what device

I'm not the best at the tech stuff. But I have the 2.4.2 version downloaded
And I use my iPhone 7 for the flight

Where can I find what else u need?

I'm not the best at the tech stuff. But I have the 2.4.2 version downloaded
And I use my iPhone 7 for the flight

Where can I find what else u need?
And I'm sorry not the best at this

so there is known issue with the very latest IOS and solo app.
someone posted how to downgrade on here recently

so there is known issue with the very latest IOS and solo app.
someone posted how to downgrade on here recently
Ahhh. I did do an iPhone upgrade. That might be it. I haven't flown it since I did the upgrade

good day pyrate,

I took your advice and went with the solex, first flight was gr8 but one question I promise.......how do I get the gimbal to work with it? meaning in live view I'm not sure how to get the gimbal to angle up or down. is there a certain setting for this?

Thanks
Phil

good day pyrate,

I took your advice and went with the solex, first flight was gr8 but one question I promise.......how do I get the gimbal to work with it? meaning in live view I'm not sure how to get the gimbal to angle up or down. is there a certain setting for this?

Thanks
Phil

Just use the controller like with the stock app. The gimbal controller is the toggle on the left front of the controller.

Yahh I know trhat but it wont move it. it just stays in 1 position really weird I guess, Ill just to go do some flying trial and error stuff,,,
thanks man

I reached out to 3DR and they acted like they weren't aware of any app issues. I upgraded both of our IOS phones to the latest and both crash when trying to connect. She said they would make a ticket and look into it. Frustrating im grounded right now. Does anyone have a link to how to downgrade on iOS? It's like 3DR is dumping the solo since Hero 5 came out. Bestbuy has.

I reached out to 3DR and they acted like they weren't aware of any app issues. I upgraded both of our IOS phones to the latest and both crash when trying to connect. She said they would make a ticket and look into it. Frustrating im grounded right now. Does anyone have a link to how to downgrade on iOS? It's like 3DR is dumping the solo since Hero 5 came out. Bestbuy has.

Unfortunately if you have to downgrade you can not restore from backup. You start with factory phone

Just finished a flight and had same issue. Ever time I hit the fly, I got disconnected. Had to fly blind and just practice maneuvers. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Disappointing since I was at a new area. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Hello,

+1

Same issue :(
Specs:
iOS 10.3.1
Solo App, Controller and solo UAV s/w 2.4.2
Go Pro Hero 4 silver

If I read correctly above this issue might be occurring after the new iOS upgrade 10.3.1

Issue:
Had couple of flights before today and was able to connect via the app and view live feed. But today tried to connect by hitting "Go Fly" and the app crashes, flew blind. Steps followed;
1. Started Solo UAV, switched on GoPro
2. Switched on Controller
3. Connected to SoloLink wifi
4. Opened Solo App. I can see my UAV is connected and I can access all basic settings
5. Hit "Go Fly" and boom the app crashes, cannot connect to GoPro and watch live feed.

Troubleshooting:
I tried the basics. Uninstalled the App and re-install. Switched off Solo UAV, removed battery. Switched off controller, removed battery. Reset solo link wifi and changed password and restarted UAV, controller and App. Still no luck.

All you experts, please advice, your help is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Hello,

+1

Same issue :(
Specs:
iOS 10.3.1
Solo App, Controller and solo UAV s/w 2.4.2
Go Pro Hero 4 silver

If I read correctly above this issue might be occurring after the new iOS upgrade 10.3.1

Issue:
Had couple of flights before today and was able to connect via the app and view live feed. But today tried to connect by hitting "Go Fly" and the app crashes, flew blind. Steps followed;
1. Started Solo UAV, switched on GoPro
2. Switched on Controller
3. Connected to SoloLink wifi
4. Opened Solo App. I can see my UAV is connected and I can access all basic settings
5. Hit "Go Fly" and boom the app crashes, cannot connect to GoPro and watch live feed.

Troubleshooting:
I tried the basics. Uninstalled the App and re-install. Switched off Solo UAV, removed battery. Switched off controller, removed battery. Reset solo link wifi and changed password and restarted UAV, controller and App. Still no luck.

All you experts, please advice, your help is highly appreciated.
Thank you.
^
^

Be sure to report it to their techs. I did through live chat and they said it should be fixed by this weekend.
Fingers crossed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea