Solo accelerometer calibration

Reaction score
When doing this I'm not perfectly clear if the Solo should be held (with a jig) at perfect 90° angles
on it's right side left side nose down and nose up when setting up.
Or if it even matters.

Because of the airframe design when you set it on it's side or nose down it is not at a perfect 90°
Like I'd expect that it should be for calibration.
the legs cause it to naturally sit on off-angle when on any of it's sides set nose down or nose up
on a flat surface due to it's legs.

Thanks!!

When doing this I'm not perfectly clear if the Solo should be held (with a jig) at perfect 90° angles
on it's right side left side nose down and nose up when setting up.
Or if it even matters.

Because of the airframe design when you set it on it's side or nose down it is not at a perfect 90°
Like I'd expect that it should be for calibration.
the legs cause it to naturally sit on off-angle when on any of it's sides set nose down or nose up
on a flat surface due to it's legs.

Thanks!!

You want it to calibrate to how the solo is orientating when placed in each position. Being 90 degrees is not a factor, only the angle from each position so the computer knows what it up and what is not up.

It even shows pictures on the screen of your phone/tablet. The solo just needs to be on it's it side resting on the right left arms & legs, just as it shows in the picture. And you hold it nose up or nose down. Perfection is not required.

Now someone needs to ask if using the stock or extended feet matters...
It does not matter. It isn't looking for an exact angle and it isn't looking for perfect 90 degree angles. You're simply telling the accelerometers which side is which. The accelerometers do not measure angles. They measure movement. The gyros measure angle, and those calibrate every time you boot up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc