Solex Mission Question

Reaction score
Ok, does Solex Mission require a connection with the controller if it has GPS lock?
In other words if I send it on a mission where I know due to an object in the way I am likely to lose controller contact, can I set the Solo to follow the mission markers and then just set the final markers back where I know contact should be established?

Not sure about Solex, but I know there's a parameter you can change in Tower or Mission Planner that tells the drone to complete the mission, even if the controller signal is lost. I've seen it on the threads once or twice, you may have to search.

Don't know if you can do it through Solex but here's how to do it through Tower:

Start Tower and connect to Solo
Select "parameters" from left side drop down list
Use search function to find "FS_THR_ENABLE"
Change value to "2"
Click up arrow inside cloud icon on upper right to upload to Solo.

After doing that Solo will not RTL if it loses contact with controller, so you can fly missions out of range of the controller.

Be careful after doing this- Solo will no longer RTL if contact with controller is lost. All the time, not just on a mission!

I believe this will work with Solex but haven't tested it. You will have to repeat the procedure and return to the original value so Solo will again RTL.

Not sure if this works with open Solo software installed.

Don't know if you can do it through Solex but here's how to do it through Tower:

Start Tower and connect to Solo
Select "parameters" from left side drop down list
Use search function to find "FS_THR_ENABLE"
Change value to "2"
Click up arrow inside cloud icon on upper right to upload to Solo.

After doing that Solo will not RTL if it loses contact with controller, so you can fly missions out of range of the controller.

Be careful after doing this- Solo will no longer RTL if contact with controller is lost. All the time, not just on a mission!

I believe this will work with Solex but haven't tested it. You will have to repeat the procedure and return to the original value so Solo will again RTL.

Not sure if this works with open Solo software installed.

According to the Mapir/Peaux Productions tutorial video on setting parameters and flying a mission in Tower, this is only a configuration for auto flights that will not affect normal flying. Two parameters are given: "FS_THR_ENABLE" and "FS_GCS_ENABLE" and choose ENABLE CONTINUE MISSION IN AUTO MODE.
Have you had the experience of Solo not RTL in regular flying mode after changing the parameter?
here is a link to the video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44