So nice to be here

Welcome to the forum Ed! Lots of good information here and we're here to help.
Post up some video when you can!

Welcome to the forum Ed! Lots of good information here and we're here to help.
Post up some video when you can!
So nice of you to welcome me Maddog. It is appreciated! I will do what I can to get some real African Videos posted - not just wild animals. Looking forward to reading the forum etc

Reactions: Maddog
Hi Guys, been trying to get the required licence to fly my SOLO commersially so as to make a small bit of cash photographing houses for sale etc. The SACAA requires you to sit a PPL licence and if you have a PPL like I have you still gotta do the theory of RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) at a cost of SA Rand 8000.00 plus another R8000 to fly a drone supplied by CAA for 90 minutes. Not allowed to use my own SOLO??? Then there is a lot of other stuff like writing a manual etc. etc. Anyway I have given it up and now my son will fly the drone as a sport and maybe photograph houses as a hobby. Ridiculous!!
Anyway as South Africa is the home of really bright sunshine I have a problem as the tablet I use is washed out in the sun. I need a head set to view where I am going so looking for suggestions as to what is available for SOLO. Can anybody assist??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44